Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2004 11:51:31 AM EDT
Went to the Austin show this morning, and was somewhat pleasantly surprised. NIW LEO marked USGI mags were $15-20, used USGI $10, and some of the steel Singapore mags (identical to the SA80 mags, and they come with green followers) for $10 also. Didn't look at pistol mags.

Very few AR's the guy that usually deals in them didn't have anything out (yet?). I saw one PWA "pre-ban" for $950. Great price if the ban was still in effect, but stupid for a used rifle.

I also stopped by Academy. They have Bushy AR's now! One camo A2 job, and a neutered post-ban (Fixed telestock, Izzy brake, no bayo lug) M4 for $799. Considering that this rifle is listed on Bushy's website for $1065, that seems pretty fair.

I bought a replacement AK-74 brake and slant brake for my SAR-1 and cut off the pinned 74 brake, exposing the previously hidden evil baby-killing threads.

Now I have at least ONE "assault" weapon, until my new lower comes in.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully the big show in Dallas next weekend will be better pickins.  I'm not even bothering to go to the Austin show.   (plus I don't get my fat check until Friday anyway)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top