BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2004 9:06:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#1]
SUCKED.
SUCKED.
SUCKED.

Typical bull shit, beanie babbies, home canned food, craft jewlery. Most dealers still had over priced standard capacity mags. Several Betas for sale -$295 ish, Glock 18 30 rounders for $30, some had standard capacity mags at pre- Clinton prices. No LE marked rifles. One dealer had stacks of complete lowers w/ m4 stocks 149 to 259 depending on whose roll stamp you wanted.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
how was it ?

Prices ?

selection ?

any deals ?

cant go this weekend but will try to hit MH next weekend,. Just wondered what Im missing

Few Glock mags, none for 19, 21, 22, 23....few because those were some of the first items that people rushed in to get.  People weren't buying 1 or 2, they were buying 8-20 of them at a time.  Big State and Bachman had both sold over 200 Glock magazines by the time I got to their tables around 9:45.
  One vendor had 25 rd Butler Creek magazines for the 10/22, $20 each, NIW.  AR mags, USGI for about $17, NIW.

Doesn't appear that anyone has really dropped the prices of the rifles significantly.  Most uppers are going for their normal prices, just a larger variety of them.

mm

Added:  The only safe dealer there was Liberty Safes, the one off Forest in Garland.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
few because those were some of the first items that people rushed in to get.  People weren't buying 1 or 2, they were buying 8-20 of them at a time.  Big State and Bachman had both sold over 200 Glock magazines by the time I got to their tables around 9:45.

Some folks think this ban is coming back tomorrow, so demand is still ahead of supply. Should even out in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Sold my SP1, bought a kimber custom TLE2 with rail, couple wilson mags, and a RRA lower

I couldnt sell my USP for $600.. wtf?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
SUCKED.
SUCKED.
SUCKED.

Typical bull shit, beanie babbies, home canned food, craft jewlery. Most dealers still had over priced standard capacity mags. Several Betas for sale -$295 ish, Glock 18 30 rounders for $30, some had standard capacity mags at pre- Clinton prices. No LE marked rifles. One dealer had stacks of complete lowers w/ m4 stocks 149 to 259 depending on whose roll stamp you wanted.

ditto

Heard several of the dealers whining to one another that people just weren't buying. Why should I pay $7.00 to browse through a f'ing flea market with overpriced krap. There were more stands selling jerky than selling AR15s. There were as many tables selling dolls/jewelry/trinkets than selling handguns. So, what do they expect??

Did spot a decent handgun scope and talked with the man running the booth(he has a side business of optics out of his house). Found out he had the same setup of a handgun sight on a scope mount that replaced the rear sight on an M44 that I wanted. He showed me what he had & what worked well.

Met Rich Scott of T&G Sales from The Colony for the first time and got a real good first impression. Going back to him to get some mags for my M40 Steyr.

So, I cannot say it was a total loss.

wganz

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:25:45 PM EDT
[#6]
1 chinese 75 rnd drum - 90 dolla (probably ok since these will stay banned)
2 romy ak side folders $50 each (not a great preice, but not bad either)
2 sig 229 hicaps new $30+tax ea.  (seems ok)

what the heck, i figure i'm cost averaging

was mostly looking for 20 rnd ar mags.  i believe bachman had new leo marked 20's for $20 each . i think i'll hold out on those for a few more shows or internet deals.  anyway, it was nice to see 10-22 hicaps again, but i did not buy any....................market hall next week.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:20:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey peekay, was it a USP45?  I had the same problem about 6 months ago.  I let my USP 45 go for $575.  That stung a little but I then picked up a SW1911 for $639.  After shooting the SW1911, all my wounds were healed, it is one hell of a pistol.  I keep hearing everyone talk about Glock and AR mag prices now, what about Beretta 92 mag prices?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:38:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hey peekay, was it a USP45?  I had the same problem about 6 months ago.  I let my USP 45 go for $575.  That stung a little but I then picked up a SW1911 for $639.  After shooting the SW1911, all my wounds were healed, it is one hell of a pistol.  I keep hearing everyone talk about Glock and AR mag prices now, what about Beretta 92 mag prices?

Yea, USP45. It shoots low, im just going to get the sights fixed, put night sights on it, and get the lamp for it. Don't have a Beretta so i didn't check 92 mags.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:32:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I know you all say it sucks...

but a cant help it...

I HAVE to go... I NEED my gunshow fix

gonna get breakfast first then off to Bigtown!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:11:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top