Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 8:48:43 PM EDT
It's dove season once again and I'm gearing up to go.    I use the state's public land permit since there are 4 or 5 areas within 30 minutes of me.  Any others here that hunt dove?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:28:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I have in the last few years, but don't have anyplace to go this year.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:21:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Had any luck?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:00:05 AM EDT
[#3]
usas 12 with a 20 round drum, only way to go
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:54:45 AM EDT
[#4]
if jail is where you want to go...

3 round limit for hunting dove.

I use a Beretta S 680.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#5]
[Incorrect information removed]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:34:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I was told 3 rounds for dove aswell! A bag limit of 15 dove and a 30 bird limit at home.

I hunt dove occasionally but some dove hunters tend to piss me off more than what they are worth, they never ask permission to go on to our property. They always are leaving gates open so my neighbors cattle get out. Dove season is always a pain in the arse for me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:10:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wrong.

3 round limit is only for waterfowl.

Woah woah woah, this is wrong!  Please don't go hunting birds without a plug!

www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/annual/hunt/migratory

Dove, Teal, Gallinule, Rail, Snipe, and Woodcock...

Legal Shotgun: Shotguns  not larger than 10 gauge, fired from the shoulder, and incapable of holding  more than 3 shells (shotguns capable of holding more than 3 shells must  be plugged with a one-piece filler which is incapable of removal without  disassembling the gun, so the gun's total capacity does not exceed 3 shells).

YIKES!

I stand corrected. I could have sworn that Doves weren't in that list. My bad.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:43:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I hunted opening day and it's pretty much the only day worth going.  The hunting pressure and fronts push them south pretty quick.  Once they get shot at they become very weary.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:02:36 PM EDT
[#10]
One week and one day till opening day here in Florida.  I can not wait!

Good shooting or not, I love the food and the company on the opening day of dove season.

Thanks,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wrong.

3 round limit is only for waterfowl.

Woah woah woah, this is wrong!  Please don't go hunting birds without a plug!

www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/annual/hunt/migratory

Dove, Teal, Gallinule, Rail, Snipe, and Woodcock...

Legal Shotgun: Shotguns  not larger than 10 gauge, fired from the shoulder, and incapable of holding  more than 3 shells (shotguns capable of holding more than 3 shells must  be plugged with a one-piece filler which is incapable of removal without  disassembling the gun, so the gun's total capacity does not exceed 3 shells).

YIKES!

I stand corrected. I could have sworn that Doves weren't in that list. My bad.

Isn't all migratory bird game required to have 3 shots only, 2 in the tube and 1 in the chamber. Thats what I have always heard.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Havent had a chance to go yet. I have a small pond at the farm and usually go there. all of the local places I used to hunt are now owned by Yankee farmers that wither won't let you hunt or charge $100 a gun.

Cold front is coming in this weekend.......look for those big Kansas birds to be coming soon.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top