Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2004 8:41:33 AM EDT
Well my original intention was to get the guys down at Lone Star Guns in Plano to put a FS on for me after the AWB expires, but I just learned that there shop burned down! It is very unfortunate for them, those guys have been real nice and a pleasure to work with. I am truly sorry to hear about the accident.

I still need a gunsmith to install a FS, and I am not sure when LSG is going to be up and runnin' again. Is there anyone in the Plano area that can help me? I dont mind a bit of a drive, so if anyone knows of a good gunsmith in the metroplex area let me know . Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I posted the same question a few weeks ago and was referred to Gene Williams in Princeton.  I am told he is at the range in McKinney on US380 on Saturdays.  I was going to run mine up to him this week to have it ready to thread on Tuesday, didn't make it as work got in the way.  I will be up there next week though.  I hear his turn time is pretty good.  Will advise after he makes my rifle evil. [Right  pinkie being raised to the corner of my mouth sporting my best Dr. Evil grin.]

Jester

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Let me know how that turns out, otherwise I will have to ship my barrel of to ADCO. Unless anyone else has any suggestions.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:51:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Will do.  I should hook up with him early in the week.  I'll let you know.

Jester
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I posted the same question a few weeks ago and was referred to Gene Williams in Princeton.

He goes by JailCop on this forum. Surprised he has not seen this thread yet.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#5]
JailCop works at CCGR?  I'm in there every once in a while.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:54:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Yah, I am Jailcop, my husband is the smith and he's gearing up for a lot of "installment" jobs. He already has several uppers in the pipe to turn. His work is really fast and with parts in hand he will do 48hr installations.
If you have the FH or whatever drop off your gun/upper and pick up in two days. If we have to order parts it will run at least 5 days. I just don't know how he could do it any faster!

For further information on pricing and directions to the shop which is located in Princeton please send an e-mail not an IM. We are open to serve you everyday, even Sunday but we do ask that you call ahead so we can give you directions and expect your visit. We also accommodate those who work regular daytime hours and need attention in the evenings. On Saturday he is the smith at Collin County Gun Range in McKinney.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top