Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2004 1:05:37 PM EDT
Some guy tried to kill himself at the Bullet Trap in Plano. Yesterday. Rented a gun, fired two rounds down range, then pumped three rounds into his chest. He survived. WTF...
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Some guy tried to kill himself at the Bullet Trap in Plano. Yesterday. Rented a gun, fired two rounds down range, then pumped three rounds into his chest. He survived. WTF...

Must not've selected his caliber and round well enough..........

Seriously, though, man - I've heard those places were like "tupperware parties for criminals"....... no, wait, those are gun shows I'm thinking about.  I always get those confused.

Total dripping sarcasm above, BTW.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, that sucks that the poor bastard tried that.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I'll bet he was wearing eye and ear protection when it happened...

THis is a sad situation...
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:09:29 PM EDT
[#4]
A buddy of mine said that he heard that it was some "Russian" guy that has just lost his job. Could just be a rumor though.

Hell they guy could have just taken a shot towards one of the locals in a different bay and he would have been much more efficient at killing himself.

Ed
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Sadly this happens fairly regularly at ranges.  Once a year or so in the DFW  area
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#6]
WTF...couldn't complete a simple task...after three tries?  no wonder he was fired!

if it ain't worth doing right, it ain't worth doing.

the next AWB...three day waiting period for range use of any firearm.

and BTW, gun range and range safety officer you'll probably be found liable.

just a little sick humer to get through a sad situation.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:10:10 PM EDT
[#7]
At some of the ranges out here you can't rent a gun unless your a group of two ...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:35:42 AM EDT
[#8]
We had a girl come in one day, crying and upset.  Makeup was all running and she wanted to rent a gun and shoot.  She said she had shot before, but was having a really bad day and wanted to shoot to relieve stress.  

Our training director happened to be at the counter, and he saw the potential there, so he went in with her and stayed right on top of her.  He is an formwe SWAT team leader, etc., so he knew how to disarm her if needed.

She fired her 50 rounds and left.  About a half -hour later I left the building and she was still sitting in her car crying.  I asked her if I could call someone for her, but she said she was fine, shook it off and drove away.  She was nice and thanked me.  

I can't help but imagine he saved her from shoting herself that day.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:59:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Three times in the chest?

To stupid to try a full Sabrina?

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:46:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:05:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Darwin wasn't always right.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:34:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Shit like this, among other things, are why I'm considering getting some concealable body armor.

Of course, I have a bit "built in" that will "enhance bullet expansion" prior to contact with vital organs.

Of course that whole loosing 2.5 liters of blood and yer toast part, I gotta work on
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#14]
what a total loser
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:02:18 PM EDT
[#15]
A little more info I got tonight when I stopped by to do some shooting. Yes, a guy did come in and rent a gun (.32 from what I understand) and put three in his chest. The only reason he stopped was because as he was holding the pistol up to his shirt it jammed the action on it and he couldn't fire anymore. Got no other word on the guy other than he was in the hospital.

Pretty messed up, not a great thing to have to deal with if you're on duty at the shop.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#16]
WTF

How the hell could you shoot yourself three times in the chest?  I mean, once OKay...but if I got shot in the chest once, I'd probably drop the freaking gun????

I once heard a story, from a reliably source, of a person who stabbed themself 13 times.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#18]
1 bullet in the chest hurts enough but 3, how the hell do you do that!!?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:20:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
1 bullet in the chest hurts enough but 3, how the hell do you do that!!?

Misfocused determination. He should have put that effort towards finding a job. (not that it'd really help nowadays)
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There was an indoor range I frequented in Mission Viejo, CA that use to have one at least every holiday. Eeerie.

They were also, unsucessfully robbed once.

lordtrader and his penchant for understatement..........
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Graveyard humor aside, if you've never experienced acute depression with suicdal ideations you have no idea what this person was going through when he put the gun to his chest, so terms like "loser" are completely uncalled for.

Granted this will bring unwanted attention to the fine folks at Bullet Trap but such collateral matters don't come to mind when you've decided to take your life.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:05:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Man that has to suck.

To live through it, then realize that your are not competant enough to kill yourself has to boost your self-esteem.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top