Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2004 5:48:16 PM EDT
1030 this morning,  some asshole from jacksonville calls my office looking for the lady that i replaced.  she's been gone since april.  he asks me for her contact info and i basically tell him to get fucked.  he threatens me with "obstruction of justice".   i hung up on him.  no idea if he called back this afternoon.

1145 go out for lunch,  stop by HEB and pick up some fresh sushi to enjoy while i'm working

1225 my tongue feels funny(not good,  i had it pierced about 3 weeks ago)

1245 go to bathroom and check out my tongue.  major swelling and inflamation

1315 leave work,  go to hospital on fry road,  check in and get shot up with all sorts of anti-histamines.  benadryl really fuks you up.  at this point the tongue piercing is out because it was pinching me...  tongue was that swollen(1" barbell)

1530,  moms comes by and picks me up from hospital because they didn't want me driving.  I don't blame them.  roommate was still at work all the way intown.  i'm lucky that the hostpital is only about 10 minutes from my house.  moms also picks up my emergency room copay.  I love my mom.

yeah,  so that was my strange day.  I was scared shitless that my tongue was going to swell up and clog my breathing passage.  i'm lucky it didnt.  but apparently i'm very allergic to cucumber.  lesson learned: even though metal in parts of your body may look cool it very well may cause undesired health effects.

thanks for letting me vent :)
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:58:11 PM EDT
[#1]
kingpingti...........

You did have a shitty day.........

So, why would you want your tongue pierced?

I think that is a fair question..
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#3]
There is only one kind of meat that is meant to be eaten raw!    
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There is only one kind of meat that is meant to be eaten raw!    

coz: that'll explain the piercing. Fortunately Gene Simmons and I dont need such "enahncements"
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
kingpingti...........

You did have a shitty day.........

So, why would you want your tongue pierced?

I think that is a fair question..

it's something i wanted to do for a long time.  figured i ight as well do it while i'm young and stupid ;)
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:17:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Open wound in mouth + raw fish = ????????

Seriously man, why the tongue?  Ack....

just fyi,  it was the cucumber in the california rolls...  had nothing to do with the fish :)
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:37:33 AM EDT
[#7]
You ate sushi in TEXAS and ya' wonder why your sick ?

Sushi = BAIT

Your body has rejected it cuz well, that just ain't right...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:16:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You ate sushi in TEXAS and ya' wonder why your sick ?

Sushi = BAIT

Your body has rejected it cuz well, that just ain't right...

it's usually good if you know where to go.  the HEB by my work has a rather large sushi bar...  and i'm 100% confident their fish is safe and fresh.  it wasn't the fish,  btw...  it was the cucumber in the california rolls.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:07:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:19:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Breaking News

"Kingpin has a horrible tackle box incident involving a mouth open face first fall into a bass angler's well-stocked plano box"

Now, at that point, a piercing is understandable..
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:52:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Breaking News

"Kingpin has a horrible tackle box incident involving a mouth open face first fall into a bass angler's well-stocked plano box"

yeah yeah yeah.  you only live once dude.  there ain't nothing wrong with trying new stuff.  whether it be eating raw fish or getting a piece of metal stuck through a muscle...  it's not like it was permenant.

however the tattoo i want is very permenant
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:06:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Ahh...to be young and stupid again.  Glad I was just young.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:10:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

i used to be just young.  but i realized what's life if you don't enjoy it and do the occasional stupid shit?  the point of life is to experience whatever you WANT to experience.  i tried something and my body didn't like it.  NEXT?!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:21:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i used to be just young.  but i realized what's life if you don't enjoy it and do the occasional stupid shit?  the point of life is to experience whatever you WANT to experience.  i tried something and my body didn't like it.  NEXT?!

I enjoyed every bit of it and did a lot of "crazy" things back then.  However, I never peirced myself with any metallic objects, at least not on purpose.

BTW...just messin' with you.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:48:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:55:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Breaking News

yeah yeah yeah.  you only live once dude.  there ain't nothing wrong with trying new stuff.  whether it be eating raw fish or getting a piece of metal stuck through a muscle...  it's not like it was permenant.

Hell, man, I love sushi!  I've eaten live drunken shrimp in Singapore, blowfish in Japan , all kinds of weird shit in India, and I can kinda understand the ear piercings, and maybe even gals getting navel piercings...the tongue thing just freaks me out cause I'm a pussy about pain....

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:44:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I enjoyed every bit of it and did a lot of "crazy" things back then.  However, I never peirced myself with any metallic objects, at least not on purpose.

BTW...just messin' with you.

i know.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:46:18 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Breaking News

Hell, man, I love sushi!  I've eaten live drunken shrimp in Singapore, blowfish in Japan , all kinds of weird shit in India, and I can kinda understand the ear piercings, and maybe even gals getting navel piercings...the tongue thing just freaks me out cause I'm a pussy about pain....

beleive it or not the piercing itself did not hurt.  however the clamps HURT.  and when the dude started twisting my tongue because he dropped the bottom basll of my barbell in my mouth...  that REALLY hurt.  but the piercing didn't...  its kinda hard to describe,  really...

and i was sore as shit for a few days.  i couldn't really eat much so i lost a few pounds too.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:56:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I am firmly in the belief that if my body gets any more holes in it than it has now, it will be because I wasn't fast enough to shoot the other f#(ker first.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top