Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2004 8:27:24 AM EDT
There are so many to choose from. Also where to buy?

FireBlade
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:47:45 AM EDT
[#1]
me, i would get one of the origional style folding stocks at the local gun show.  they run about $40.00-50.00,  they are plenty strong but don't look as "cool" as the new "Robo cop" models.

don't spend more than 50.00 for one of these.
bushmaster sells them for $100.00.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#2]
i really liked my 6 position unmarked RRA..............................back when i had it that is.  still selling them in the EE i believe
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#3]
6 pos RRA is the best one for the buck.

It is super cheap at ADCO right now.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
me, i would get one of the origional style folding stocks at the local gun show.  they run about $40.00-50.00,  they are plenty strong but don't look as "cool" as the new "Robo cop" models.

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/buttstocks/Images/aleo-001k.jpg

don't spend more than 50.00 for one of these.
bushmaster sells them for $100.00.

I have one that I would trade for the newer bushmaster style.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#5]
www.eaglefirearms.net/specials.htm

Get the RRA, unmarked, 6 position enhanced M4 stock from Eagle firearms.

They have it on sale for $64, and are a GREAT company.

Be real careful with some of these stocks.... the "cheap" ones you find for $50 or less are often these "made in china" ones like Tapco carries, and they are utter crap.  Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Be real careful with some of these stocks.... the "cheap" ones you find for $50 or less are often these "made in china" ones like Tapco carries, and they are utter crap.  Ask me how I know.

urtra crap?  gulp.  

thanks, The engineer in me says now i got to try to break mine.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Falarak.....

How do you know?

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
www.eaglefirearms.net/specials.htm

Get the RRA, unmarked, 6 position enhanced M4 stock from Eagle firearms.

They have it on sale for $64, and are a GREAT company.

www.eaglefirearms.net/images/RRA/RRA_M4_stock.jpg

I'm with him.  I ordered one from Eagle Firearms.  Got it within a week.  Can't wait to get that puppy on.  I want to 'un-neuter' my black rifle!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:12:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hey Falarak.....

How do you know?

Well, because I bought one, of course!   The spring is substandard (gets short with minimal use) the buffer is also cheaper - has a less durable finish.  And worst of all, the ring that locks it into the receiver is not to spec, rubs the threads... and damages the threads on the buffer tube as you tighten the CAR nut to get it attached to the receiver.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I suppose the old saying will never die...You get what you pay for!

I was hoping for something more graphic, like the stock of the afore mentioned, el' cheapo, shattered in the shoulder pad region while bumping, and the recoil of 30 good hot handloads sent the jagged edge deep into the upper pectorial time and time again causing massiave internal/external bleeding and.....

Okay, I'll stop now...

J/k of course. ~Crpdeth
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top