Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2004 6:02:21 AM EDT
I have got to say something about this. This is way I joined this website to talk about the bullshit from the anti-gunners and the media. Why do they think that terriost would walk into a gun show and buy all of the ak's and/or ar's. I've been to a few gunshows and I don't believe anybody would sell any one person all there guns especially one with a forign accent. Terroist have there own gun connections, don't they know that? This loophole is crap. Most criminals buy there guns off the street. So what gives. Thanks for letting me vent guys.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:19:11 AM EDT
[#1]
There is no "gun show" loophole.   Under the law, if you buy from a dealer the 4473 and background check is required.  If you buy from an individual those  requirements do not apply.

The media wants to make a big deal out of the fact that if you are walking around the show with your gun to sell, I can just buy ot from you with no checks.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:35:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the American experience.  

If you are able to sneak into this country why not sneak in an AK, RPG or suitcase nuke?  Why take the time and effort to buy an AK, convert it to full auto and then try to find a place to test fire it? Why use an AK?  Terror is about causing fear to control or bring about political change.  You can’t do that with something small like an AK.  One can do far more damage in a chemical plant with a car bomb or even a pair of wire cutters than an AK.

So that begs the question how do you terrorize Americans in such a way as to cause them to elect Kerry over Bush?  By destroying their comfort but not their security.  I think most Americans see Kerry as someone who will bring peace and med ties to other countries while Bush will protect us at the cost of those things.  So the terrorists must make us vote for Kerry by taking away our comfort without taking away our security.  They must subtly damage infrastructure, banking and the markets without causing physical or visible damage or panic.  I think we are seeing that in the price of oil and the stock market.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats what I'm saying. Terroist have connections to get them in the country and access to better weapons than we could dream of having so why pick on the gun show crowd. Why all this talk about disarming us americans. Why isn't it "Arm America" ?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#4]
    In a simple way to put it........LETS HAVE THAT OVERSIZED BLUBBERING SACK OF MULE DUNG GIVE ALL HIS LEFT WING BUDDIES A RIDE HOME FROM THE PARTY.  BIG ED K THE DRIVER.

What these dead from the neck up left wingers don't see is the forest through the trees.
    PARANOID: my nasty blk with all the full mags i can carry, the 1911 as backup and a radio with an extra battery. NOT AT ALL
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:12:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There is no "gun show" loophole.   Under the law, if you buy from a dealer the 4473 and background check is required.  If you buy from an individual those  requirements do not apply.

The media wants to make a big deal out of the fact that if you are walking around the show with your gun to sell, I can just buy ot from you with no checks.  

Sorry to be the one to break it to you, txinvestigator, but the antis are right (even though they're Left - confusing, I tell ya!)..............  sort of.  There is a gun show loophole.

See here for the best (read: "simplest") explanation I've seen so far (gotta get my shameless plug in for FlashBunny!):

<click here for an explanation so simple it might just even make sense to an anti!>

Their rhetoric/lies are sad.... so sad.  Sadder still that some people actually believe them.  Keep fighting the good fight.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thats what I'm saying. Terroist have connections to get them in the country and access to better weapons than we could dream of having so why pick on the gun show crowd. Why all this talk about disarming us americans. Why isn't it "Arm America" ?

<rant>

Easy.  Because we won't/haven't fought back like they're afraid terrorists and their sympathizers (read: "accomplices") would if we actually cracked down on them.  We're, by and large, a reasonable and rational enemy.  You've gotta push plenty of Spock's buttons before he'll go all apeshit on your ass.  Also, Mexico likes that border the way it's always been: open and [mostly] undefensible.

Also easy.  Because somewhere along the line this country lost the original intent (and therefore, the true meaning) of the 2nd Amendment.  Saw a bumpersticker/t-shirt a while back: "The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security" (or words to that effect).  I tell you this: If we had had nationwide CCW and/or open carry on 10Sept2001, the next day wouldn't have gone down anywhere near the way it did.  The sheep in this country wouldn't be clamoring for "Security even at the expense of liberty/freedom!" the way they are even still.  I also tell you this: If there had been any* Texans on any of those planes, that day wouldn't have gone down anywhere near the way it did.  Come on, man - friggin' boxcutters?  Boxcutters my f**king ass!  There's a reason they didn't target Southwest Airlines (OK, I'll give you that they may not have had any "reasonably hijackable" flights, but that's not my point).  I've posted essentially these thoughts in another (non-hometown) forum and I know I'll catch shit for it, but I firmly believe it from the bottom of my ever-lovin' heart.

</rant>

* OK, so maybe not just *one*, because I can't vouch for every last f**king Texan.  Sure there are a few bad/weak apples, as there are in any bunch/bushel.  But just a few Texans and the law of averages takes over, and 11Sept doesn't happen the way it did.

Note to ARsR4ME and General Disclaimer: This rant was a gut reaction and not directed at you.  Its vector was general in nature and the asshat making them does not purport to represent the opinions or positions of AR15.COM or of the Texas Hometown Forum.  They are the express sole property of aforementioned asshat, though others may feel more than free to agree, disagree, quote, and/or modify them, as long as modifications that materially alter the content and/or meaning thereof are not attributed erroneously to me.

ETA: Additional legalese in green appearing in disclaimer.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#7]
.... Remember that grabbers will twist facts, lie, connive, distort history and otherwise cheat any way they can to remove guns from rightful owners.

… Remember that always.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:47:54 PM EDT
[#8]
What do they say about a liberal anti-gunner's argument?  "Please don't let your fact get in the way of my argument!"
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:30:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Ah come on, look on the bright side.  At least we get to buy machine guns again after 9-13.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:16:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:44:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry to be the one to break it to you, txinvestigator, but the antis are right (even though they're Left - confusing, I tell ya!)..............  sort of.  There is a gun show loophole.

See here for the best (read: "simplest") explanation I've seen so far (gotta get my shameless plug in for FlashBunny!):

<click here for an explanation so simple it might just even make sense to an anti!>

Their rhetoric/lies are sad.... so sad.  Sadder still that some people actually believe them.  Keep fighting the good fight.

I know exactly what the media wants you to think is the loophole, but it is not.  If a licensed dealer sells a gun owned by the licensed dealer, then the 4474 and background must be done.  If the Dealer as an individual owns the gun, then no 4474 or background is required.  

That law applies everywhere, not just at gunshows.  If I go to a gun store, and the owner had a gun he personally owns and is not part of his inventory, he can sell it to me with no 4474 or background.  

The loophole is a term the media uses to try to make the uneducated public believe there is something sinister about gunshows.  The media has an agenda to cause public pressure to stop gun shows.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:14:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know exactly what the media wants you to think is the loophole, but it is not.  If a licensed dealer sells a gun owned by the licensed dealer, then the 4474 and background must be done.  If the Dealer as an individual owns the gun, then no 4474 or background is required.  

That law applies everywhere, not just at gunshows.  If I go to a gun store, and the owner had a gun he personally owns and is not part of his inventory, he can sell it to me with no 4474 or background.  

The loophole is a term the media uses to try to make the uneducated public believe there is something sinister about gunshows.  The media has an agenda to cause public pressure to stop gun shows.

ETH and txinvestigator:

That is actually what I was saying, too, I was just being "tongue-in-cheeky" about it.  The link to the FlashBunny movie will educate just about anyone about what the so-called "gun show loophole" really means.

I love FlashBunny b/c they have a sense of humor about like mine.  See also the movie "Were we lied to about Iraq?"  With the media's rhetoric over the last year or so, a title like that automatically leads most to pull out their "Jump To Conclusions Mat."  I'll admit, the first time I saw the link for it on the website, with the suggestive title and all, I thought they may have strayed left.  Not so.

I know (as do the both of you) that there is really no "gun show loophole".  The sheeple don't.  They think it's real because they hear about it all the time.  What the Flash movie I linked to does is to show ppl who don't know any better already just how dishonest the term is.  Hope I cleared up that misunderstanding.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top