Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2004 4:32:40 PM EDT
Just heard on the local news there was a fire last night at Lone Star Guns in Plano (their website also reflects this).  Hope everyone is fine and they will recover.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, that sucks!

They were just absorbed by STI, right?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:58:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wow, that sucks!

They were just absorbed by STI, right?

The Lone Star that was bought by STI about a year ago is a completely different company, near Roundrock or Fleugerville or somewhere thereabouts.

The Lone Star that had the fire is in Plano, a local store that is familiar with most of the DFW people.

Hopefully, Mike will be able to get the store going again soon.  I really hope so, in Nov there will be a few Cav Arms items I'll be needing transferred.

mm
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:00:07 PM EDT
[#5]

D@%#!! was going to get that H&K USP .45 off of layaway on Friday! That pulls a major vacuum on that.  Hope that they get back open quick so that I can get my evil featured AR15 parts for the sunset party!

wganz

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Man, what a bummer.  They were turning that place into the best shop in town.  I hope they get back on their feet soon.  Best wishes to Curtis, Bob, David, James, Clyde and Michael.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:17:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife just called me at work and told me about it.  REALLY sucks.

God bless 'em.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:05:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I drove past it this afternoon on the way to pick up my daughter from day care, and saw that they've got a 20 yard rolloff(big @$$ dumpster) full of stuff that they pulled out. Didn't stop, just waved. They're steady working on getting things cleaned up.

wganz

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top