Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 3:23:35 PM EDT
I am willing to drive, I just want find some where  to other than sitting down, and further than 25 yards. Any help will be appreciated
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You live at the worlds largest military installation, and you cant find anyplace to shoot?

Have they "closed" the Fort???
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:20:51 PM EDT
[#2]
No smarta$$, but it is impossible to find a decent range around here to fire at any distance greater than 25 meters. Yes you can fire on post but only at the 25 meter zero range.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:02:53 PM EDT
[#3]
 The only other range I can think of is Lloyd Leppo's place a bit south of Copperas Cove.  The home range for the Copperas Cove Pistol Club.  There is a rifle range, I can't remember if it goes to 100 or 200 yards or further.

Lloyd's phone number is 254 542-1177.  btw, he is also a certified CHL instructor and examiner.

There used to be some abandoned quarries in the area south of Killeen.  I'm not sure if they still exist, a lot of houses have been built in those areas.

mm
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:41:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for for the help I'll have to check them out.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:00:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think Lyod shoots anything further than 25meters. Occassionally we get to for matches, but just regular shooting, I don't think so. There is a range out by Florence that allows 100-200 meters but i forget the name.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:15:03 PM EDT
[#6]
There will be a 3 gun match at Loyds range saturday morning at 8am. We will be shooting 100yds in this one.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No smarta$$...

wow!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I remeber Guns Galore used to have a few business cards out on the counter of local ranges. Someone told me, whatever road you would leave Killeen on to get to San Antonio has a big sign with easy to follow directions about 10 miles out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top