Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2004 4:59:45 PM EDT
I took out the Ruger Mini-14, my Bushy AR modular, my Kimber .45 and my HK .40 --- I think it was too many guns at once, next time out I'll just bring a couple.

Man, is this normal? .... The Mini-14 was launching my empty brass like 30 feet.  Last time I was shooting it I took out 2 flourescent bulbs from the new sun shade area on the rifle range.  I think I clipped a couple people who were sitting way down on other benches.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#1]

No, it's not normal.    You should bring more.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember when I had a Mini that my brass also would launch a pretty good distance.  I'd only be concerned if I had the opposite issue - brass not going very far once ejected from the chamber.

A Mini!?

What are you doing with........ - that thing???

CMOS
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I love that mini-14, shoots real tight groups.        
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I love that mini-14, shoots real tight groups.        www.modernengineuity.com/forums/images/smilies/snipersmilie.gif

LOL...and pigs might fly out my butt.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Ask brasseater how he got his name.

Some guy with a mini-14....   yeah.... they CHUNK them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#6]
You know, it's wierd, most of the people I know who have mini-14's can group them real tight, but a couple other people have said they're not very accurate or consistent.  I did great with mine today.

I probably just don't know enough about shooting yet...

<--- rookie   (pertaining to guns)
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Stock Mini's do throw brass like nobody's business.  Although, if you get a new gas port, (i.e. smaller diameter) that problem is greatly reduced.  

And yes, for those that care, my Mini shoots roughly 1.5-1.75 MOA after some upgrades to it.  It was my first gun ever, so I think I'll be keeping it.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:18:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Ask brasseater how he got his name.

Some guy with a mini-14....   yeah.... they CHUNK them.

Thank you.....THank you very much.    I'm guilty.

Yep,   it'll chunk 'em.   Watch which end of the firing line you stand on....It'll tattoo people.

Jeff
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:43:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You know, it's wierd, most of the people I know who have mini-14's can group them real tight, but a couple other people have said they're not very accurate or consistent.  I did great with mine today.

I probably just don't know enough about shooting yet...

<--- rookie   (pertaining to guns)

keep in mind when we are talking tight we are talking 1-1.5” at 100 yds.
Most mini’s I have shot group 4” at 100.  if this is cool for you great,  have fun.  You may need a stronger main spring.  I got the ultimate brass chunking monster.  It’s an HK940.  a civilian 30-06.  it will throw brass 90 deg. from the barrel horizontally for a distance of 60’.  When I shoot it and don’t put up a cardboard box to catch the brass I clear one or two benches to the right of me.  It’s brutal.        
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top