Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2004 3:46:36 PM EDT

I'm getting warmed up with my new AR-10T, it's the first time I've had a rifle that can shoot decently at long range, been looking for somewhere to shoot it at.  So far the only Houston-area ranges I noticed that seem to have ranges past 300 yards are the American Shooting Centers one out around westheimer and 6, and I found on the web (but haven't check out) PSC down in Freindswood.  Any other places you guys know of?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#1]
as you know, ASC has a 600 yd range.

nothing else close.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:57:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Yeah I took a peek at the long-range end of ASC a couple days ago on Sunday.  There were two guys doing benchrest stuffat the 200 yard range, and it was empty from 300 onwards.  I'm kinda wondering if the range officers run that side with the rest of the range (handgun, 50, 100, where all the customers are usually at), or if with so few people it's just kinda "the three guys out there agree to call a ceasefire and go for it". especially as there's a berm between the popular ranges and the 200+ stuff.

I'm gonna go check out PSC this weekend I think, although it's a private range with a gate code, I figure someone will let me look around on a busy weekend day.  Whichever I pick I'm gonna end up spending a lot of time there, just trying to figure out my options :)
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:20:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I hear you have to qualify at 300 before you can move further on.

Not sure what the process is for that though.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:06:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I have 100 and 200 off the back porch.

I have 500 in the back yard.  

I will have more when it drys up and I can get a dozer in there.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:03:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I hear you have to qualify at 300 before you can move further on.

Not sure what the process is for that though.

Get a special target from the range house.  Shoot 5 shots in about a 4 inch group in the center mass then show it to the people at the range house.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:20:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Sounds fair enough, we'll see how long it takes me to get there, I'm gonna hit the 300 yard line for the first time this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:10:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks jadams951

Any idea how big(Diameter)/what color these targets are?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks jadams951

Any idea how big(Diameter)/what color these targets are?

THey are orange and white.  I can send you a pic or two to show you if you want.

Nevermind I don't have a close up but here's what it looks like from 300 yards!

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:45:39 PM EDT
[#9]
lol

Let me go get my scope.

We will be at 300 yds baring rain sat morning around 10-11.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
lol

Let me go get my scope.

We will be at 300 yds baring rain sat morning around 10-11.

Cool...weather should be good last I heard.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top