Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2004 9:04:45 PM EDT
Dammit. My one and only AR was stolen sometime within the last week here in the Dallas area. Just noticed it today when I went to take it out of the case. Only thing taken from the house, so I am 99% sure it was one of the less than upstanding citizens that follow my roommate (girlfriend's little sister) home.  She said they had been ogling it, and that was the last time its been seen. The best part is, she knows only one of the two guys that were looking at it and NEITHER he nor she knows anything about the other guy except his first name and his freaking street nickname (kinda makes me wonder if she knows more than she lets on).

I am kicking myself in the ass for not having a safe, but I only had the AR and a handgun that stays close by at all times, so I had put off the safe for now....lesson learned. So, if anyone sees a Rock River M4 w/green furniture and a UFIR in the pawn shops....

Where is it that I can go to report the S.N. as stolen?

Thanks.
Jake

BTW, mods, if its not cool to double post, I apologize.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 3:47:43 AM EDT
[#1]
did you file a police report?  DUH!
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:13:56 AM EDT
[#2]
of course
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#3]
theres always the one person who always says you file a police report?

nah i figured what the hell its only a gun there are lots out there
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Can you post the make & serial # in case someone runs into a twit wanting to sell one 'cheap'?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#5]
The crumy thing about stolen guns is that they tend to end up in hands that shouldn't have one. (Felon Crack heads)
Hope it turns up soon, and they catch the asshole who took it  and he winds up getting his $#!t packed in prison. Damn Thieves
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Can you post the make & serial # in case someone runs into a twit wanting to sell one 'cheap'?

Sure. Its Rock River Arms post ban M4 with a 16 in. barrel. Green Furniture, and missing the bolt/carrier when it was stolen. Right side "fire" and "safe" markings were painted red and white respectively.  Serial number CM11XXX.

Not holding my breath, though.
Jake

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Let me get this straight.  You've filed a report with the police and gave them the serial number. The Dallas PD has forwarded this number to the BATF. The bad guy(s) have your AR15 & can post pix of the serial number on the Internet should they chose.

But you've 'X'd out the serial number as if it confidential? hinking.gif
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:28:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Let me get this straight.  You've filed a report with the police and gave them the serial number. The Dallas PD has forwarded this number to the BATF. The bad guy(s) have your AR15 & can post pix of the serial number on the Internet should they chose.

But you've 'X'd out the serial number as if it confidential?

Looks like you've got it straight.  I think the last thing on the minds of two little shitbag crooks is to publicly post the serial number of a stolen gun on a message board.  I could care less if the PD and ATF have it(they've had it since I got it).

What if I were to get the rifle back? Then everyone and their momma knows the serial number.  If you would like to post all the serial nums of your guns online, feel free. I'm sure there would be a couple of people happy to write those down for safekeeping for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top