Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2003 6:09:26 PM EDT
Over on the FALfiles I purchased a fal parts kit and compliance parts from a gentlemen in Meridian, TX.  I paid via paypal, so I might have some recourse if I can't get my kit.  Its been two weeks, no kit, no tracking info and he deletes all my emails without responding.

Anybody near Meridian who can look up a phone number and address for me, paypal doesn't list it, though it says he is verified which means his bank account is tied to his paypal account so they can find him.  Anyway, I know how you all hate rustlers down there... even if it ain't cattle.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#1]
That's 211.40 miles from me.  

Yep, we hate rustlers, regardless of what they're rustlin'.

The residential phone book I have doesn't cover Meridian.  Let me check around.  

Maybe someone closer will chime in...

EDIT:  Try this;

www.anywho.com/wp.html

I've used it before.  Also, if you have the ph #, it can search for that too.  I'm in "Edit" and can't see the orig post.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Had a fellow do the same thing to me from eBay, bid and won an auction he had. Paid via paypal and waited for 2 weeks for the hand guards to show up, after two weeks I inquired to the seller. No reply for 5 days, then the reply came and said they were shipped 2 days ago. We are talking 15 days from receipt of funds. Long story short, the dead beat had over 31 negatives from the time I won the auction. I sent paypal notification of deception after the tort sent me a nasty email and said good luck in getting your hand guards. I received the refund from paypal 2 days later.
www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_buyer_complaint-outside
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a little worried that paypal will try to pull its a rifle kit so it isn't covered...  ebay still allows you to sell kits, just don't try to pay for it using their subsidiary paypal...  Yet, paypal says you can use their service to buy firearms components... which would be what?  parts...  I guss I'll just have to argue with them that their definition of kit is that it can be assembled into a firearm... without a receiver (which was not included in the deal) you can't assemble it into spit.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#4]
N.W. of Waco, S.W. D/FW.
i would modify your topic heading to show this.  Tx is a big place.  this Houston boy can't do much for you.

good luck.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a call into the Hun, maybe I'll send the posse from his farm over to investigate...
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#6]
what info do you have on this person?

was the person verified on PayPal?
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, he was paypal verified... I can provide his name via IM but don't want to post it just yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top