Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2003 3:57:36 PM EDT

Who ACTUALLY will be at the Hun farm on one of these dates?

I know it will be a small group this time.

I'll be there about noon on 12/27, and 28.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#1]
    I'll be there on the 27th.  I should get there about noon and I'll have to leave a bit after dark....same as last year.  I also have a pair of empty gas cylinders, if someone would be so kind as to bring a .50 BMG we could have  holes punched in them to hang them up on the stand.  I'll bring some cables and clips.

mm
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Thinking about it. Does that count?
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:15:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Sure.  At least you're in a category of "maybe".
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:47:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

same message, with the exception of I'm thinking about it, to; the wife is:
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:36:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Hello
   I was wondering , what happens at the hun farm? and where is it located? I have not had a chance to shoot my ar15 outside yet :(. My friend and I are still loooking for a good place to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hello
   I was wondering , what happens at the hun farm? and where is it located? I have not had a chance to shoot my ar15 outside yet :(. My friend and I are still loooking for a good place to shoot.

It would be easier to list the things that DON'T happen at the Hun Farm.  Send EricTheHun an IM and let him know you would like to come along (I've never known him to refuse ANYONE).  Be forwarned, the farm does not have any running water and you would have to be hurting REAL bad to use the outhouse, but it is close to a State Park with full shower and flushing commodes.  Imagine what you would need to survive in West Texas in 1885, and plan accordingly.  Food, water(or a water container), suitable clothing and shelter at a bare minimum.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:34:08 PM EDT
[#8]
The hun farm is located in ? What part of texas?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hello

First thing, learn this....

"What happens at the farm, stays at the farm."

IM Eric... He reallly is a good guy... fullclip

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#11]

OK, so far:

Mojo
 ETH
 mm38 -- Sat. only
 JD--maybe
 RK--maybe
 DPeacher--Yes, from other thread.

ETH.  Don't let me hanging, brother.  If you're not there, I might run over your fence, just to get in.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 3:10:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, dang!  As of yesterday (Mon) at 3 pm, we still didn't know if we had to work on Fri.  

Why I try and plan stuff is beyond me.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 10:37:05 AM EDT
[#13]
If finances work out....Claire and myself...
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:46:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Yall have fun and a safe X-mas.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:05:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I will be leaving on Friday morning, around 8:00, to be there by Noon.

Eric The(WellStocked)Hun

Looks like I won't make it by 8:00AM...
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 3:02:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm grounded.  Maybe next time.  (I sound like a repeater...)

You folks be safe and have fun.  

I'll keep track of the plans for next weekend.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 3:35:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Dag Nabbit!  Why can't I be living in Texas!?
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Cool.  So 4 Yes, and 4 maybes.

ETH:  Please post here before you head to the farm tommorow.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:21:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Put me in the "yes" category, mojo. I'm taking a short break from loading 9mm right now. I'm planning on leaving here between 7:00 and 8:00 in the A.M. tomorrow to put me at the farm around noon or a little before. If I feel ambitious, I might leave earlier. I'll probably spend the better part of today loading ammo and gear.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 7:46:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Put me in the "yes" category, mojo. I'm taking a short break from loading 9mm right now. I'm planning on leaving here between 7:00 and 8:00 in the A.M. tomorrow to put me at the farm around noon or a little before. If I feel ambitious, I might leave earlier. I'll probably spend the better part of today loading ammo and gear.

Great to hear.  DPeacher and ETH were heading to the farm as we speak.
 I'll bring several suppressed tools, both rifles and handguns, with me for the weekend.
 Couple dozens of bowling pins as short/medium range targets will also be coming along.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 9:47:22 PM EDT
[#21]
 Not too crowded this time, lots of NFA toys that everyone got to try.

The cold front seemed to slide off to the east, it just got a bit windy.  Otherwise it was in the 50s at night and in the upper 60s during the day.

90 bazillion turkeys and big rabbits too.

mm(As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.)38
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Well.  ETH, DPeacher, Jake, mm38, Jim_Dandy, and I were there this time.
 Great time as usual.  
 Thanks a  very great time, gents.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Just rolled in about an hour ago, what a great weekend!!! I'm sure we solved all of the world's problems over a few Windex margaritas and a blazing campfire (and had some good laughs to boot). That's what makes the drive all worthwhile. I'm already looking forward to the next time.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#24]

Glad you guys had a good time. I chose to stay in area with family this time. Not Chris and the wife, others.

So now I need a weekend or a day to just Chill, shoot and drink. When is the next trip?? Soon, I hope... fullclip

Link Posted: 12/28/2003 11:44:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:37:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:35:59 AM EDT
[#27]
ETH, you've been talking about finishing the cabin for about two years now, time to get it done. Sign me up.. Put a firm date onit ad lets work.we know you will have more than enough  help.
Name the date and I'm in. Have tools will travel... fullclip

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:51:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Once again, I had a great time!  As we were packing up to head back to Austin, JPeacher lamented "Dad, I wish we could stay for a few more days"....Me too!  It was good to see everyone again, and great to meet Jim_Dandy.  Thanks to Mojo and Jim_Dandy for bringing the NFA toys and sharing with everyone.  And a Special Thanks for our gracious host, EricTheHun!

Quoted:
ETH, you've been talking about finishing the cabin for about two years now, time to get it done. Sign me up.. Put a firm date onit ad lets work.we know you will have more than enough  help.
Name the date and I'm in. Have tools will travel... fullclip

Amen!  Have tools, will travel, and I'll also chip in for some building supplies and/or ditchwitch rental.

Sorry we didn't see you this time fullclip, and I hope we will see you next time.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:49:21 AM EDT
[#29]

DPeacher.  You know it's always great to see you and Jake and have a chat at the campfire.
 JD. Thanks for letting shooting your NFA toys.
 As always, ETH is the best host.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#30]
A special thanks to everyone for their generous hospitality. I had come prepared for the now-famous Crowell Steakhouse, so I packed light. Thanks for feeding me!!! Next time I'm going to bring some of those packages of steaks from Sam's and reserve margarita mix (be sure and tell your MIL that those egg rolls were A-okay, mojo). Right back at you on the NFA stuff, too. Those cans were kickass!!!!

I wish we'd gotten a picture of ETH shooting the subguns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top