Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2003 6:54:05 PM EDT
Anyone know who in/around San Antonio sells .223 battle packs?  There was a guy at the SAXET show who sold them.  He always setup by the snack bar.  A while back he said he was moving his store to San Antonio, but I can't remember the name, and an internet search was a no-go.

I couldn't get to the SAXET show here last weekend.  My only other option is to drive to Austin on the 20th.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:17:24 AM EDT
[#1]
By "Battle Packs" are you speaking of the bandoliers?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#2]
You're talking about the South African stuff in a tan plastic sleeve, right?

I didn't see any this last gunshow (either from the guy who sells ammo close to the windows nor the guy who sells ammo closer to where Murphy sits).  However, the guy who's closer to Murphy's table had a case of Q3131A for $157 with tax.  I would have bought some, but didn't have money to spend on that much ammo this month.

Are you able to come to the Austin shoots any?  I won't be there for this month, but will be around in January.  I could give you your tape back then if you're not in a hurry.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#3]
bjones4545,

Not bandoliers.  The SA plastic wrapped stuff.

Zmeja,
No hurry on the tape.

That guy I mentioned who was moving to SA actually told me he was in the process of moving.  This was about one year ago.  Wonder where in the heck he went..?
A case for $157 is a good price.  I've got a case here, but want something cheaper for plinking, etc.
I need to get back at shooting.  School is taking a lot of time right now.  
Maybe I'll go to the Austin show on the 21st.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I am in the DFW area and I can't find the SA battlepacks (unless its some guy wanting $75 a pack).  I have talked to several large quanty ammo dealers at gunshows and all state that they cannot get the 5.56 battlepacks anymore.  Some have even offered to buy what I had.  Glad I got a tub of the ammo when I did.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#5]
SugarD,

Thanks for the info.  Sounds like the battle packs are getting scarce.

Guess I'll try the SAXET show in Austin next weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top