Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2003 6:57:01 PM EDT
Step one is admitting you have a problem!

For the past several months, I've been having terrible problems shooting handguns.  Where I was formerly consistently accurate I am now shooting consistently low.  I shoot well with guns that have a Luger grip, but with other grips I shoot about 8-10 inches low at 10 yards.

Gloftoe and I are befuddled but think it might be a problem with my grip or stance.  I've got tendonitis in my right arm that could be causing the problem.  I'd like to get an instructor to evaluate my shooting and help me either correct the problem, if possible, or compensate for it so that I can get back some degree of accuracy before I take my CHL course.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an Austin instructor?  Most likely I'd need one-on-one training rather than a group class.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never taken one of their courses, but have it on my wish list.  Check out KR Training.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I have taken their courses - 4 of them if I
remember correctly.  Karl or Penny will fix
you up.  Another recommendation here for KRTraining.

DanM
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:21:05 PM EDT
[#3]
A six o'clock point of impact generaly means you are anticipating recoil, or in your case pain for medical conditions.  If you have a 7:30 point of inpact it is a case of trigger slap.  Your trigger finger is taking off with enough force that it torques your hand in the direction of least resistance ( your palm ).  The best way to anaylize your problem is by using snap caps.  Have someone load your magazines with snap caps and shoot slow deliberate shots.  You can't see shooting problems during recoil.  When you squeeze the trigger on a snap cap and the sights drop an inch you can see what is happening.  If your shoulders hunch forward you will see that you are anticipating recoil with your stance
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top