Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2003 8:39:30 PM EDT
So, Saturday morning about 5:28 am...the Jack Russell Terrier who sleeps in our bed began dry heaving. I sleep more soundly than Ms. Coz, so, as usual, she grabs him and runs the 20 feet or so into our master bath where she normally drops him into the large jacuzzi tub with the 2 foot high tile side....

I didn't see it, only heard the large thump (she says she heard a crunch) but she says she began stumbling...and tried to stop from falling but accelerated.....

fell......

and slammed face first into the tile on the side of the tub.....

think YOU had a bad weekend?

Notice the cuts where the bones drove through the skin....she's seeing a plastic surgeon Tuesday as her nose is at least a half inch off left..

Link Posted: 11/2/2003 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeeeeoouuucccchhhhhh!

I hope she's ok!

How did she handle it?  My gal would have lost it with an injury like that!

Link Posted: 11/2/2003 9:35:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yeeeeoouuucccchhhhhh!

I hope she's ok!

How did she handle it?  My gal would have lost it with an injury like that!

I walked in there asking what happpened.

She said "I broke my nose...I heard it crunch"

After I helped her up and the blood started pouring out of her nose, she then began "losing it"...the pain is really bad on a nose injury....I know.....

She has Darvocets....so that helps.....

Should be interesting seeing her put on makeup for tomorrow.

Link Posted: 11/2/2003 10:08:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Know what's really gonna piss you off?  When the two of you go out in public, you are gonna get some serious stinkeye from women who think you did that to her...  Just be prepared.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:21:55 AM EDT
[#4]
she needs some grease based makeup.  it will hide anything!  try

Southern Importers ---
4825 San Jacinto in Downtown Houston.
(713) 524-8236

map
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:45:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I broke my nose while on my (well while flying off) jetski this summer.

Set it myself, but it wasn't as bad as Mrs. Coz's.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:52:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry to hear and see that Coz and Mrs Coz.  Thats gotta hurt.

Please next time just do what I do and let the dog puke.  Clean it up later.  Much safer.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Does she know you've posted these pics?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 8:53:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I posted here for the Hou-crew...she doesn't care...she just wants to heal...
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow, that looks really painful.  I hope Ms. Cuz is going to be OK.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:39:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn Coz.  I hope she's doing ok.  That looks bad, but I bet it feels worse.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:45:04 AM EDT
[#11]
O-U-C-H!!!!!

She is lucky she didn't kill herself.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:23:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
O-U-C-H!!!!!

She is lucky she didn't kill herself.

Yep, her right shoulder is bruised and her neck is VERY sore...she could have snapped her neck...

So far, for me, 2003 sux!

Let's see, my mother died in January, laid off in April, two interviews in 6 months, Ms. Coz developed an ulcer due to work and money issues, ...and now the hits just keep on coming!

Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:47:21 AM EDT
[#13]

COZ.  I wish for her speedy recovery.  And YOU
and yours hang in there, man.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:06:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey Randy,

I know a good chiropractor up your way.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 11:58:11 AM EDT
[#15]
YOW!!!

God bless her!

Good luck!

I hope the terrier is grateful for her help - little bastard!
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:11:47 AM EDT
[#16]
FYI - Ms. Coz will, we hope, not need surgery to repair her broken nose. The Plastic surgeon says it will take 3 -4 weeks before ill effects of the impact depart.

Ms. Coz is back to work, though she tried yesterday and had to come back home with extreme head pain. She says she feels kinda lousy, but thanks all for thoughts sent her/our way.

She really hates walking around like Rocky Racoon....but, thank God no brain damage or nasal cavity destruction....

Cheers!

Coz_45
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:00:22 AM EDT
[#17]
The stories wife beaters will make up.

Just kidding
Tell her not to feel bad, I knocked myself out once after stubbing my toe on the tub I then bent down to grab my toe and hit the opened door with my head. Night Night.

I hope everything get straighted out.
doh
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:26:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Coz and Ms. Coz,
     I'm so sorry about the events of this year that have affected both of yall.  It's times like those that you need to remind yourselves that God never gives us more than we can endure AND He always gives us the things we need to get through the hard times.  Rest assured that prayers are offered on behalf of both of you.  God bless you both.  These things, too, shall pass.
               Peace,
                  Dragonfire52
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 1:00:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Coz, good to see that she's going to be ok without surgery.  I've been getting calls and I'll keep my eyes out for whatever I can find job wise.  I know of a large company in town that's hiring a bunch of people, but I don't know all the areas they're filling.  I'll e-mail you contact information for someone at the company and she may be able to help you out.  It's the least I can do after what you did for me.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top