Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2003 9:31:46 AM EDT
I put this in the ASC-SAT topic too, but the SHNF ranges are open now.

One off of stubblefield lake road has a 200 yd berm.....

Free! and you can rapid fire or bump.....

I'm up for a Friday morning!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 10:49:23 AM EDT
[#1]

Cool.  

COZ_45.  When are they open/close each year?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#2]
mojo,

I think it's from Sept - January.

Just before deer season til just after.

You gonna come down and shoot?

If you can come down during the week, I'll meet you there.

Coz
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey Coz,
Do you know what the other distances are?
I may have to get myself on up there this Fri.  
What ya gonna be shooting??
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Whey they made that range open "seasonally" I thought I remember them saying it was going to be open during deer season only, and only for sighting in hunting rifles.  Of couse, I think this is a load of $#!+.  Just letting you know in case the man gives you some grief.

I'd love to get up there and do some plinking again.  It's so damn far from my house that it probably costs more than a day at ASC.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:35:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok we have a group going on friday in the morningish.  time still to be decided.

Offically its me,and coz.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:29:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
mojo,

I think it's from Sept - January.

Just before deer season til just after.

You gonna come down and shoot?

If you can come down during the week, I'll meet you there.

Coz

I'll IM you if I head down that way.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 6:22:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hey Coz,
Do you know what the other distances are?
I may have to get myself on up there this Fri.  
What ya gonna be shooting??

There are three or four berms set up at the one off of Stubblefield Lake Rd. (park rd 215, I think).
One is at 20 - 25 yds, next at 50, another at around 100 and another at 200.

The other range of fm 1725 on the east side of New Waverly is on park rod 255 and has only one real berm and is not near as nice a set up as the other.

I'll be shooting my AK and Thompson, and a couple of pistols. and maybe a shotgun. Swampthing will have his 10/22 there also.

I'm thinking an arrival there around 9 - 10 (I'll probably head up around 8:30 or so, but I live off of FM1960, so it's not nearly as far a drive for me).
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 6:26:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Whey they made that range open "seasonally" I thought I remember them saying it was going to be open during deer season only, and only for sighting in hunting rifles.  Of couse, I think this is a load of $#!+.  Just letting you know in case the man gives you some grief.

I went up there a couple of weeks ago to help a guy learn to shoot a pistol. We rapid fired pistols and my AK. No one said a word.

Last week, me and the swamp and a couple of other friends went up there and the Stubblefield lake one was closed just for that day as they were doing a controlled burn in the area. So we went to the easterly one. I fired rapid fire, bumped (I'm working on it, but did pretty well), and a guy in another group was bumping his mini-14 and rapid firing his M1a National match and a Colt Sporter.
No one bothered us.

Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:17:19 PM EDT
[#9]
COZ_45,

Heading up 45 north what exit do you take? Could you give me directions to the range?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 3:43:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes, please give very diescriptive directions to the Stubblefiled range too. I only know of the regular range at SHNF.

Starting from 45 going North please.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top