Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2003 3:23:09 PM EDT
I am going to school for three months at Ft. Bliss.
Any West Texans around?
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 7:44:03 AM EDT
[#1]
west texan here. my home is in midland, but i wont be home til christmas. stuck on naval weapons station in charleston, SC til i can get some leave. theres another guy in midland who i shot with once, i dont remember his name off the top of my head, but as far as west texas goes, thats all i can think of from the area. it sucks, i know. might wanna look for some southern arizona folks, im sure you could dig some of them up, aint too far away either
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 4:22:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm here.  Ft Bliss has an awesome range complex.  I shoot on range 7 of the Ft Bliss R&G every Sunday and sometimes the 1000 yard range (5).  I drive either a white Pathfinder or a blue Toyota RAV 4.  

Our crew is easy to spot.  We're the ones with sport utility rifles amongst the bolt gun crowd.  Although we have those, too.  The only time I'm not there is when I'm TDY, which can be frequent, depending on what's going on.  I will be there tomorrow and next Sunday as far as I know right now.  

You can rent AKs ARs and pistols at the R&G.  But just find me.  I'll let you shoot my stuff.  Last week we were firing my buddy's  class full auto MAC-10 on Range 8.

The range fee is $8, but a one year membership is $30-75, depending on rank.

Jim
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the heads up.  Long weekends I am going to be going home, but for the standard ones I will be bored off my ass.  If anyone has an XD, a guy I am with is Jonesing but wants to try one out.
Thanks again, I'll be looking for you.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 11:19:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Anybody going to the Gun Show this weekend?
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be there Saturday morning when the doors open.  I should be driving my white Pathfinder.  

There is a guy that sells DPMS stuff and I may buy something from him for my new build.  I'll also be shooting on Sunday morning at the Ft Bliss R&G.

Jim
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Sylvan, whatcha goin to school for over there?  are you military? or do you work for ITT??  
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I am transitioning to ADA so I can do missile defence.  I am going to the Patriot Officer's course.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am transitioning to ADA so I can do missile defence.  I am going to the Patriot Officer's course.

oh, sweet deal...let us know how that turns out.  maybe i'll see you over here in kuwait soon
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 6:21:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh, sweet deal...let us know how that turns out.  maybe i'll see you over here in kuwait soon

Um,
Wrong missile defence.
I am doing global, not tactical.
My REMF ass will never leave the states as long as I am in this program.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Omar,
Great time shooting.  Thanks.  Fantastic range complex.  What a good deal.
Hopefully I will see you next sunday (this time I'll but some ammo)
thanks again,
Sylvan
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Sylvan,

There's about a 60/40 chance that I'll be there on Sunday.  I have a coolant leak under my Pathfinder.  If it's just a hose, it'll be a quick fix.  If it is the water pump, it'll be all day and maybe Sunday to fix, since I have to remove a lot of stuff just to get to it.  I won't dig into it until I get back from the car auction at about noon.  I should have a better idea by Saturday evening.  

Heck, if I get what I want, I may be at the range in a Toyota 4x4 pickup and fix the Pathfinder on the four day weekend over thanksgiving.  

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Jim
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry,
didn't make it.
Slept in and just worked out and watched football.  Maybe in a few weeks.
If any of y'all haven't been to the range, you have GOT to go.  VERY nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top