Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2003 4:31:47 AM EDT
ProTac Global Inc. Shotgun Course (SC1).  
Hosted by: Recruit_Killer

This will be a 6hour class Saturday 13, December. 8:00-2:30 with a 30-minute break.

Directions Coming From Houston
Take I-10 west to the #732 Brookshire exit, turn right/north to old 90, turn left/west and go to the second light, Hwy 359 and turn right/north, follow 359 to the town of Pattison and the junction of FM 1458 & 359 (flashing red light) turn right/north and follow 359 to the junction of Hwy 529, turn left/west and go 1.7 miles to a S curve, 1/2 way through the curve will be KERR rd on the right just past a power line station, take a right/north and go 1. mile to 10878 KERR rd Black mail box on the left side of road the gate is on the right, a pipe gate with 3 board panels.

Class size: 12 slots.

Method of registration: Send an IM to Recruit Killer.
or e-mail to me, Mike Wood at [email protected]

Course Description:

This as a basic tactical shotgun course and teaches a skill set from safety to dynamic use of the shogun under tactical conditions.  The class starts cold with a review of basic safety and tactical loading techniques.  The guns are patterned to demonstrate shot group size at known distances with varying types of ammo.   Carry, deployment, shell selection, single vs. magazine loading, malfunction drills, use of cover and Transitions are all covered.  The remainder of the class covers movement and use of the weapon.  The class is designed with a standard “off the shelf”, field or hunting shotgun in mind.  While Tactical and self-defense guns are welcome they are not required.  The focus of the class is to impart skills and mindset needed to fully utilize this often-misunderstood weapon system.  The instructors will modify their method of training to assist those who shoot competitions like IDPA or “Three Gun” matches.  

Please note.  The use of light recoiling loads commonly referred to as target or tactical is HIGHLY recommended!

Course Highlights:
· Firearms Safety
· Developing a tactical platform (Shooting Stance)
· Sight Alignment Trigger Control and Sight Picture Under Duress
· Manipulation
· The Four Main Firing Positions
· Use of Cover
· Immediate Action (Clearing a Malfunction)
· Shotgun to Pistol Transition
· Multiple Target Engagement
· Movement Shooting

Equipment List:
· Signed Waiver
· Primary Weapon:  Pump Semi or double barrel Shotgun (Tricked out or Tactical guns are welcome but not required).
· Carry sling (Tactical Sling not required but recommended
· Pistol (not required but recommended)
· Holster
· 3 Magazines for Pistol
· 200 rounds #8.  50 rounds 00 buck.  50 rounds Slug.  50 rounds pistol.
· Shell pouches.
· Ear and Eye Protection
· Bandages or athletic tape for scrapes.
· Firearms Cleaning Kit
· Hat, Sun Glasses Sun Screen / Foul Weather Gear (Contingent on time of year)
· Water / Gatorade / Snacks / Lunch

(PRICE) $125.00
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:02:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Count me in!

Gary
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Absolutely count me in!
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 5:12:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Save me a spot.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Count me in
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:45:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm definetly in (already sent M. and E-mail).  Attended the last Tactical Carbine course on 10/18 - Excellent Training by an Excellent Instructor.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey all,

The IM's have been sent and there are very few slots left.  If you would like to attend, let me know via e-mail or im and tell me you are interested and have not made contact before this so I can keep all the anmes straight!

I look forward to getting down to Houston again,

c
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:32:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Just an aside, but does anyone have a recommendation of where I should get such a quantity of shotty rounds (especially the 00 buck and slug)?  Would Wally-World or your everyday gunshow be the best bet?

Much obliged.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:16:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked up 2 25 rd boxes of the low recoil OO buckshot at the show this past weekend.  $13 per box.  Didn't see any of the slugs.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:25:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Just an aside, but does anyone have a recommendation of where I should get such a quantity of shotty rounds (especially the 00 buck and slug)?  Would Wally-World or your everyday gunshow be the best bet?

Much obliged.

-Zmeja

Carters Country, gun show (Pasadena is this weekend and it's an ammo show will have them.  I don't know about Wally-World or Academy stores.  they may have full power slugs but i woudn't suggest you train with them.  the pack quite a punch.      
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:24:33 AM EDT
[#10]
For those of you who rely on the board for info, we are on for next sat. the 13th.  See you at the Ipact Zone.  If you would like to join us, send me an IM or e-mail from the board.  Either way!

See ya'll there!

c
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#11]
id love to go, but no money
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#12]
OK,

c-ya all in Houston this Sat!  If you have any questions, IM me.  I am working the rest of the week until I leave for down there Frifay afternoon.

c
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 10:55:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Saturdays forecast is calling for a low of 43°F and a high of 59°F
40% chance of showers
80% humidity.
Wind From the West Northwest at 13 mph

Bring your jacket and mittens.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:18:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Saturdays forecast is calling for a low of 43°F and a high of 59°F
40% chance of showers
80% humidity.
Wind From the West Northwest at 13 mph

Bring your jacket and mittens.

Should be a perfect day to shoot!  C-ya there!

c
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 11:14:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Should be a perfect day to shoot!  C-ya there! c

yeah, PERFECT day to shoot .  I have mud, no clay stuck to shit I did not even use out there!  The fire pit sure helped!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:24:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Sweet class.  Thanks for teaching it, Chris, and thanks to the Houston crew to getting the whole thing hosted there.

I can't wait for the carbine class next year.  I know that my rifle works a hellofalot better than my shotty does.

-Zmeja (Trey from San Antonio)
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:03:43 AM EDT
[#17]
It was fun meeting the guys from Dallas and San Antonio.  How did ya'll like Repka's?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:48:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Repka's was awesome!  I'd need a GPS to find it again, but I'd be willing to get the lat/long #s to make it work.

I didn't bring a shotgun to the class but I still learned a ton:

Optimism based on weather forcasts = despondancy

Put your chair downwind from the fire enough to get some heat but not so close as to breathe ash and smoke.

Add wood to the fire judiciously: big ol' logs take up a lot of space and don't really burn that well.  Keep 'em small to medium.

Kick out those ashes!  If they build up too much they'll choke the fire from the bottom.

There was some other stuff about tac-loading your Boom-Stick, proper position in the shoulder pocket, transition to pistol with or without a sling...stuff like that...but the fire tips seem to have really stayed with me.

Fire good.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Repka's was pretty good.  The etouffe and catfish were quite tasty.

I took my shotgun in for service today.  Hopefully it will be good to go soon enough.  Instead of firing 300 shells, I shot more like 200.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:23:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Repka's was pretty good.  The etouffe and catfish were quite tasty.

I took my shotgun in for service today.  Hopefully it will be good to go soon enough.  Instead of firing 300 shells, I shot more like 200.

Only two hundred total?  The food joint was a good relaxer afterwards!  Thanks again and see ya next time,

c
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I took 250 rds of #8, 50 of 00 and 50 of slug.  I still have 4 full boxes of #8, 10 rds of 00 and 7 rds of slug.

It's ok, at least I didn't have to pack it back out on foot.  

And, in the spirit of El_Roto, lessons learned:

1)  Bring lunch.
2)  Bring Nomex gloves (don't do me any good in the garage, 250 miles away)
3)  Have a shotgun that works (working on that now)
4)  Carry a pen

-Trey
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Gotta love the tractor ride in, that was so muddy the tractor got stuck too.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top