Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2003 6:34:58 AM EDT
Well I went out of town last night for work and left my personal truck in the parking lot. Somewhere's between 6pm and 6am it got broken into. Police report is filed and I asked the boss to pay for the window. Just the window not the stuff they took. He said he'd have to talk to corporate and he doubt they will. My question is can they be held account able to pay for my window? I was on the job, I was told to take the company vehicle leaving my truck in the parking lot. This isn't the first time stuff has been personal or company vehicles have been broken into or stolen. The issue was brought up over a year ago about a secured parking lot but they've done nothing.

I just think since I was on company time during the incident it should be paid for by the company, just as if your were injured on the job during company time. Can someone help me out here? I don't want to rake them across the coals or anything.... I'd just like them to at LEAST pay for the window. Hell I even shopped around for the cheapest price and told him. But, he still told me he doubts it. I'm going to replace the window today and give him the receipt monday to see if he'll pay it. I hope that my 4 loyal years to the company will come to his mind and he might shell it out of his own pocket. But I doubt that, You know them Big houses on the rich side of town and that brand new Caddy puts you tight on money and all. <sigh>
I hate people.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 6:47:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Really don't know what to tell you but good luck.  If you actually get anything from them consider yourself lucky.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 7:47:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Another reason why I ask. Last year one of the Techs got his tools stolen from one of the company vans, and got reimbursed for the tools.

Van or parking lot it's still company property right?

If I really wanted to be a dick about it I can make them eat the cost in other ways, but that might fall under black mail or extortion or something. I dunno

Side note: It's going to cost me more to repair my dash than to pay for the damn window.
Haven't slept in over 24 hours, pissed off and hungry... I'm probably not thinking straight.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Sorry for the news, Spars.

Not a lawyer, but common sense tells me that your company should pay for the damages.  And I would do the same as you're doing now.
 But pushing your company to pay for the window would affect your status at your company at all?
 Whatever the outcome, maybe next time you should never park at their place at night again.

Where's ETH?
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#6]

ETH.  You're awesome, brother.

You're our official DFW ARFCOMMERS attorney!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top