Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2003 11:22:53 AM EDT
TIGER Valley has graciously offered their facilities to the Texas crew (and whoever else would like to join in) for a place to meet and shoot, eat, and camp.  We did something like this recently, a little shindig called Gunstock.  What do y'all think about getting together there 3 or 4 times a year?  There are certainly enough DFW and CenTex and other assorted members who were there last weekend to know that we had one heck of a good time camping.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in. This sounds like a good idea!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Lord knows you don't have to ask me twice.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 11:50:21 AM EDT
[#3]
sounds great, expecially since i missed out on alot of the fun stuff during gunstock
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like it would be a fun little shindig!  I'd try to make it fo shizzy.

Link Posted: 10/14/2003 12:00:59 PM EDT
[#5]
all your meetups are belong to us!!  when i'm in the country...i'll definately be sure to check and see if something is goin on!!  i'd love to meet ALL of you!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 12:37:54 PM EDT
[#6]

So you Central TX members are going to show up, or like DPeacher said '...like herding cats'?

The schedule at T.I.G.E.R Valley is usually very tight.  We might have to ask when there's an opening and if TIGER staff is available or not. We also probably pitch in a fee for usage of facilities.  Anyway, I'm in depending on the date.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I will battle TOWMBO 'til my dying breath to attend.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

So you Central TX members are going to show up, or like DPeacher said '...like herding cats'?

The schedule at T.I.G.E.R Valley is usually very tight.  We might have to ask when there's an opening and if TIGER staff is available or not. We also probably pitch in a fee for usage of facilities.  Anyway, I'm in depending on the date.

LOL mojo...i cant speak for those ritzy central Tx, "i live in austin" fellas, but representing the gulf coast crew (when i'm in the country) i will be there at SOME point!!  
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 1:00:57 PM EDT
[#9]
John said that they would be able to provide the range and food for $25.  I'm guessing this is per person, and camping fees will likely be extra.

I will get more details from him and discuss schedules, since it looks like there's definite interest!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#10]

I hope this is not to take the place of the ETH Farm events. That would be...well...I don't know what but it would be bad.....[>Q]... fullclip
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I hope this is not to take the place of the ETH Farm events. That would be...well...I don't know what but it would be bad.....[>Q]... fullclip

No, no, no!  Not at all.  In addition to, not in place of!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Nothing will EVER take the place of the Hun Farm......
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#13]
To go i'd need at the very very very least, 2 weeks notice.  more the better.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 3:44:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Thanks guys, you kind of scared me there for a minute. Now I will breathe again..... fullclip

Link Posted: 10/14/2003 4:38:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I think we may go to the Hun farm in about two weeks...
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I would be down with that my schedule allowing of course... as long as the forcast was not for rain!  I think I'm going to throw away the shoes I had at Gunstock. haha...

Rob
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:09:53 PM EDT
[#17]
The farm in a couple of weeks,uh? I could probably do that.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:59:35 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't think this would take the place of the Hun Farm get togethers.  We could have both.

And Mojo, getting the Austin crew together is only like herding cats because there are so few of us, and if two or three of us can't make it to something, that's half of the crew absent!   With plenty of notice, we can usually plan on it, tho.  There were about 5 or 6 of us from Austin (that I knew) who showed up at Gunstock.

Reminds me... I need to seriously try to get to the Hun Farm sometime.  Just got to figure out when time and money allow for it.  Next year, I'll have 18 days of paid vacation, so that will definitely help!

Link Posted: 10/15/2003 11:48:42 AM EDT
[#19]
I lost my 3 weeks vacation last Friday... now I am on permanent vacation (for now)... hehe
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 11:53:55 AM EDT
[#20]
between the hun farm and a place called  the lodge (i think its his office), how would eric the hun ever find time to shoot at tiger valley??
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
between the hun farm and a place called  the lodge (i think its his office), how would eric the hun ever find time to shoot at tiger valley??

ETH rarely shoots.  He's there to drink and entertain all of us.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

He does not even shoot at the farm... he likes to play host... only time he's shot, from what I remember, is when we got him his Dewalt, and we had to drag him down to the range to shoot it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#23]
ETH is too much in demand as the Host-with-the-Most to ever divert even a fraction of his attention to such a plebian activity as shooting.

Persish the thought!

I'm totally in for a get-together at Tiger Valley/Dillon range.  I really want to do some KD shooting on that range and need people there to pull targets for me...

...oh, and I'll pull targets for them, too!  Yah, I meant to include that first.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#24]
It sounds great to me.  I very much liked the
facilities and cat-herders at TIGER Valley.

Of course, it all depends on the dates.

One thought.  I once heard a rumor that there
would be a, I forget the exact term, but a
shoot/course offered at Gunstock that would
qualify us to participate in CMP purchases.
Of course, along with TSRA membership.  That
would get me to miss another of my son's
football games...

DanM
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 2:51:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Hell Yea,  I think Tiger is the place that is most convienent for all..  I still want to make a hun trip as well..  But I really like the facilities & the tiger crew allot....

Lets get er put together.  I can help in any way needed..  

Prosise

Link Posted: 10/16/2003 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#26]
[>(] I wanna move back to Texas![>(]

echo(stuck in florida)6
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 11:35:11 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
[>(] I wanna move back to Texas![>(]

echo(stuck in florida)6

Dude, you're welcome back any time!  
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 11:59:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Absolutely, come back soon!
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 2:38:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
And Mojo, getting the Austin crew together is only like herding cats because there are so few of us, and if two or three of us can't make it to something, that's half of the crew absent!   With plenty of notice, we can usually plan on it, tho.  There were about 5 or 6 of us from Austin (that I knew) who showed up at Gunstock.

You know, I keep thinking that there are at least 20 or more ARFCOMMERS in Central TX.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 4:16:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Does Tiger Valley have access for disabilities? For instance a motorized chair. I can walk some but legs tire easily.Would sure like to get out there with you guys. Also would sure like to shoot my AR10T out to at least 600 yds
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 4:28:07 PM EDT
[#31]
If you can get around in grassy areas, you will probably be ok - unless it rains.  The soil out there turns into gumbo when it rains, which is why so many people had to get their cars unstuck by the tractor.  The only time I was at the 1000 yard range was in the middle of the night, so I really have no idea what it's like getting out there normally.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 4:29:36 PM EDT
[#32]
If you can get around in grassy areas, you will probably be ok - unless it rains.  The soil out there turns into gumbo when it rains, which is why so many people had to get their cars unstuck by the tractor.  The only time I was at the 1000 yard range was in the middle of the night, so I really have no idea what it's like getting out there normally.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:52:17 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know, I keep thinking that there are at least 20 or more ARFCOMMERS in Central TX.

There might actually be... but we are still like cats... Can't get us together when we want...  

Although if we have some good Texas get togethers like at TIGER Valley, I'm sure at least some of us would try to attend.

Mojo, just tell 'em you'll bring the MP5... they'll show up in droves!

Link Posted: 11/1/2003 4:12:15 PM EDT
[#34]
just name the date im there
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
It sounds great to me.  I very much liked the
facilities and cat-herders at TIGER Valley.

Of course, it all depends on the dates.

One thought.  I once heard a rumor that there
would be a, I forget the exact term, but a
shoot/course offered at Gunstock that would
qualify us to participate in CMP purchases.
Of course, along with TSRA membership.  That
would get me to miss another of my son's
football games...

DanM

Not sure where you are,  but 1st Sunday of every month Austin Rifle Club holds a highpower match that qualifies you for CMP.  You do not have to be a member to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 11:58:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Ms.G, I think it's a spiffy idea!  Just say the word and I'm there.  I imagine Nimbus would like to come also(can't say for sure since I haven't asked her).  I vote a resounding and resonating YES!!!!
             Peace,
                Dragonfire52  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top