Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2003 12:07:02 PM EDT
anyone know where i can get a large alligator snapping turtle in the Houston area?i don't want to try to catch one myself.  i just want to buy one.

thanks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I just gotta know why.....................?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:12:28 AM EDT
[#2]
i was put on a new engineering project last week and the Lead engineer i work with has been calling me about 6 times a day so i want to put the turtle in his office and duct tape his telephone to the turtles back so he can't call me.

Link Posted: 10/9/2003 6:07:06 AM EDT
[#3]
You know that could be dangerous!

For you trying to tape a phone to his back!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 8:00:06 AM EDT
[#4]
308wood,

buy a ham and let it sit outside for a couple of days

Go to any of the bayous down around angleton/alvin.

Put the ham in a trap on the bank of the bayou and wait.....probably at night a loggerhead turtle will show up...

when it does, make sure you realize how far that damn head will come out of the shell.....and their claws are bad ass too....

Link Posted: 10/12/2003 1:47:53 PM EDT
[#5]
 Do you realize that just a REGULAR snapper can pop your finger off like it was NOTHING?  Just checking.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
 Do you realize that just a REGULAR snapper can pop your finger off like it was NOTHING?  Just checking.

yea but he doesn't look prehistoric or have the attitude.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:02:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a tortiose that you could rent... Seriously, get some SCUBA gear and dive in a swamp south of Baton Rouge. look for a small pink worm coming out if the silt, then grab about 2 feet behind the worm and the shell might be there.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:35:34 PM EDT
[#8]
My cousin down the road has an alligator as a pet, and there is at least one snapper in my pond. Sooooo if you want to come down and get them together ....
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#9]
My dad has two but they are not big enough for what you describe....only about 15-20 lbs a piece.  They are cool though, but not as much as my AR.  Good luck on your search!  

P.S.  There are some laws against owning them but I forget them right now.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:16:47 AM EDT
[#10]
i checked with the game TPW and the only laws say you can't sell them without a licence.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh, I thought you were planning on a Cajun Cookout.  You want it alive.  Careful, God made them aggressive, fast, and fugly.  I don't know how you will transport one.  Just trying to get it in the back of a pickup is hazzardous duty.  I suggest you get some long-sleeve steel mesh gloves, the type meat cutters wear.  That way, if it gets a piece of your hand or arm, you won't lose it.  Also, watch out for leaches, they normally are packing a few.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top