Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2003 12:57:54 PM EDT
Any chance I could bum a ride from Austin airport on Thursday or Friday and back again on Sunday? I can try and arrange my flight around the ride.

I had my ride all setup befor I found out south west doesn't fly from Oakland to Dallas.
Thanks for the help
NoKarma
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#1]
yep...Southwest flights from Dallas Love Field can go no farther than one state adjoining TX.

Link Posted: 9/25/2003 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 4:59:34 PM EDT
[#3]

NoKarma.  If the guys are busy and you have no ride.  Come in on Thursday, rent a car (Advantage rent a car is $20 + a day), return the car next day at Waco (if they allow you).  I'm willing to split the cost with you on the rental.
 On Sunday, if there's n ride, you can do vice versa.
 Sounds OK?  
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you guys for the help.
I talked to southwest and they got on a connecting flight into dallas love feild.
And Mojo thank you for the tip on Advantage rent a car.  I am just renting a full saize car for $20.50 a day.

NoKarma
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Cool.

Link Posted: 10/3/2003 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#6]
NoKarma,  I live in Austin and I have to be in Waco by 1400 Thursday for RSO orientation.  I'd be glad to give you a ride, but we need to be Waco bound by 1100-1130.  Waco is only 101 miles from Austin which is about the same distance as it is from DFW.  Why spend money on another flight when your drive to Waco will end up being the same distance?

If you want a ride on Thursday, let me know.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 2:22:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you very much for the offer.
I have my flight all planed out and have a rental car all set up.  The extra leg of the flight did not cost me anything I am flying on a awards tickect so its free.
Thanks
NoKarma
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top