Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2003 7:43:12 PM EDT
Here is the request...

Quoted:

gus,
any chance of your Dad coming this year ????? He and Mark would certainly get along well !

Tom

Nah, he really doesn't care about any of this stuff anymore. At 88 years old, I'm just glad to see him playing golf several times a week! He was always more of a bolt action guy anyway, never really messed with autos as a hobby.

Speaking of which, while I'm in Texas I need to find and buy him a University of Texas at Austin hat (base ball type). He graduated from there just before WWII, and I'm pretty sure he'd like one for golfing.

[ Edited By GUS on 9/24/2003 5:30:33 PM ]

Gus lives in Pennsylvania and his 88 year old dad is a graduate of The University of Texas!
I’ll go in with someone or more than one to get his dad a UT hat.
Let’s let him know that Texans are some of the best people on earth!
Email or IM me and I will send the $$ if someone will pick him one up!
BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Let me see if I can get ahold of one of my UT in Austin buddies.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#2]
You can order a UT hat for the gentleman online at http://www.collegegear.com/sf/stores/1235/p-43424.shtml

Best-

Neil.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Sparsky,
Let me know what you come up with!
Thanks,
BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#4]
No word yet. Tring to get ahold of a frat guy over there is rough. He usually just calls me when he's in town. I'll keep tring though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Guys: Thanks for checking into this! I'd like to get him a good quality baseball type hat so he can wear it while golfing and fishing. Much prefer the better type with a velcro adjustment strap (as opposed to the cheapo plastic snap straps). If anyone coming up from Austin can get one and bring it up to Gunstock, I'll reimburse all costs AND buy a few beers for whoever can do it (if said person in fact drinks!). Be nice to surprise him with it when I get back home.
He's already worn out the Barrett and Bushmaster hats I got him last year in Illinois...

Edited to add: just checked out internetguy's link. Looks like I have found a great place for some Christmas shopping!  Thanks!

Link Posted: 10/6/2003 7:15:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Sparsky - I can run over to the UT store on the drag and pick one up.  Let me know if you want me to handle this.  I need to pick up a few odds and ends over that direction anyway and this would be easy to do.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Gus,
I was trying to get this and maybe get some guys to go together and give it to you for him.

If I can't get anyone to go in with me I will pay all of it myself!

Trying to show a little "Texas Hospitality" and honor a man who help defend our Freedoms!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#8]
DPeacher, If you could please. I hate letting people down but I can't get ahold of this guy. Hell for all I know he could be in jail. LOL.. damn college kids!
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Sparsky - No problem.

Link Posted: 10/6/2003 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#10]
If you guys are representative of Texas hospitality, well, that explains my dad's demeanor! Thank you all!
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#11]
DPreacher,
Email incoming!
BigDozer66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top