Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2003 9:02:19 AM EDT
So after many many years of collecting SA weapons I have recently been toying with the concept of getting an NFA weapon. Anybody in Texas (and more specifically Houston/Galveston) have any experience with this? Is it more of a hassle than it's worth?

Link Posted: 9/8/2003 12:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
email me and I can get you info on a contact at a local dept for the permission.

I have not done it, but, plan to once I get a job and finances are fixed up.....I want a Thompson FA bad!
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Retro, if you can, get into Fort Bend county. Sheriff Wright signs.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 5:15:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm in Galveston county. Am I gonna be stuck with the sheriff down here or what exactly?
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 6:38:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm in Galveston county. Am I gonna be stuck with the sheriff down here or what exactly?

You can ask either sheriff, chief of police, or a fed. judge in Galveston county to sign.  Or you can incorporate.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 6:44:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can ask either sheriff, chief of police, or a fed. judge in Galveston county to sign.  Or you can incorporate.

Will an LLC work?
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 7:35:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Will an LLC work?

Yes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 4:14:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, incorporating might be your best way there. I've read on one of the boards that Galveston county's sheriff doesn't sign. I don't know about the city police chief. But being as elections are coming up in the next 8 months or so, you might contact any one running that has signature authority (sheriff, district attorney, district judges) and see where they stand on the issue. If you find one that says he'll sign, might be time to volunteer for their campaign to make sure they remember you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top