Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2003 8:47:28 PM EDT
Any word on when the first one will be? Not sure if I'll be able to make it, but just thought I'd ask.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:52:17 PM EDT
[#1]
ya'll bring it on down here.  :)
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 10:03:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, here is the schedule through 2003:

Central texas dinners will be on the third Thursday of the month at 7:00 pm.

September 18:
Fuddruckers (Central/Northwest area)
2700 West Anderson Lane
Austin, TX 78757
Phone: 512-458-6268
Map

October 16:
Rudy's BBQ (Central/Southwest area)
2451 Capital of Texas Hwy, S. (Loop 360)
Austin, TX 78746
Phone: (512) 329-5554
Map

November 20:
Catfish Parlour (Northwest area)
11910 Research Blvd.
Austin, TX 78759
Phone: (512) 258-1853
Map

December 18:
The Filling Station (Central area)
801 Barton Springs Road                
Austin, Texas 78704                
Phone: (512) 477-1022
Map
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I'll write it down.. but I'm not making any promises.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Bummer- I'm out.  I have school every Thurs night until May.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#5]
y'all come on up to Waco on the 13th.  'sposed to be feeding us BBq, teaching us to shoot straight at the Tillman range.

TRG
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#6]
TRG,
Ya talking about Gunstock, or something else?

I'm thinking about Sat the 12th.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#7]
See the tacked thread in the Texas Hometown forum.

TRG
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 5:48:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Got it.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm new to the AR15.com community.  I'm here in central Texas and all of the resturaunts are easy to get too.  Is this a closed group or are you interested in newbies?
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey, come one, come all!  Bring your SO, kids, friends, etc.  The more, the merrier.  

Just remember that all newbies have to donate a spare gun to the Gloftoes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:27:52 AM EDT
[#11]
hey, I'll try to be there, fo shizzy!  

Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:37:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hey, come one, come all!  Bring your SO, kids, friends, etc.  The more, the merrier.  

Just remember that all newbies have to donate a spare gun to the Gloftoes.

Sure. Tkae your pick:

Too bad it's Thursday nights. My son has religious  education those nights. It's just as well. If my wife were to be there, she might catch on to all the money I've spent on guns that she doesn't know about.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm new to the AR15.com community.  I'm here in central Texas and all of the resturaunts are easy to get too.  Is this a closed group or are you interested in newbies?

New folks are ALWAYS welcome!  I'll see you there!
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 9:59:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Bumping it.  Just a reminder to y'all!
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:26:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Well, we'll try to be there.  The wife got called to an appointment this afternoon, and I HOPE she'll be done in time.  If not, y'all have fun without us [>(]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Well my old man and grandmother have been in town since tuesday and I have been able to do much. Looks like I'm going to miss the first day of South Zone dove hunting too. Yall have fun!
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 8:07:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I knew it would end up like this....

DPeacher,LPeacher, and JPeacher made up 3/5 of the total attendance to last nights CenTex gathering.

I'll see ya'll next month!
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 10:34:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I knew it would end up like this....

DPeacher,LPeacher, and JPeacher made up 3/5 of the total attendance to last nights CenTex gathering.

I'll see ya'll next month!

Well, brother.  You and your family can swing up North this Sat, if you have the urge to meet with all your DFW crew friends here.

I know, I know, it's far just for a dinner, but I try.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#19]
DPeacher, sorry about that.  It looks REALLY bad when the people that started the thread didn't even make it.  My wife got called to an appointment that evening, and didn't make it back in time for us to get there.  I would have gone without her, but I don't think I wanted to try to wrestle two daughters (2 and 4) with me.  That would have been asking for trouble

Next one will be the Thursday after Gunstock, so I dunno who all will show up.  I'm gonna make sure to get to that one  Who else was out there?
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Yah. I'm a complete dumbass. By the time I remembered yesterday, it was 10pm. There were two outings yesterday I completely dropped the ball on. I will make it though, darn it !
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
DPeacher, sorry about that.  It looks REALLY bad when the people that started the thread didn't even make it.  My wife got called to an appointment that evening, and didn't make it back in time for us to get there.  I would have gone without her, but I don't think I wanted to try to wrestle two daughters (2 and 4) with me.  That would have been asking for trouble

I think Sparsky started this thread.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey now... I'm missing the first day of south zone dove season cause my families in town. I'm hurtin over here too. I kept tring to weasle my way out this weekend to get a few hours of hunting in, but the wifey kept giving me bad looks. Ehh... I've only seen my old man about once every 3 years... so it's worth it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 11:44:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think Sparsky started this thread.

Doh!  That's not what I meant.  I meant who did the planning... sorry Sparsky!  it wasn't a jab at you!
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=172532&w=searchPop
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:44:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Hey now... I'm missing the first day of south zone dove season cause my families in town. I'm hurtin over here too. I kept tring to weasle my way out this weekend to get a few hours of hunting in, but the wifey kept giving me bad looks. Ehh... I've only seen my old man about once every 3 years... so it's worth it.

Hey, Spars.  Just playing with you.  I just gave Gloftoe a hard time because I know that he will clarify later that he didn't mean you. And he did.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#25]
LOL... yeah I know. Yall are a bunch of jokers anyways. 3 Weeks till GUN STOCK!!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 8:04:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Next one will be the Thursday after Gunstock, so I dunno who all will show up.  I'm gonna make sure to get to that one  Who else was out there?

Don't feel bad!  I'm certainly not trying to browbeat anyone into submission over not going out to eat.  The first 3 times I tried to get folks together to do some shooting was very disappointing.  A dozen people say they are going to make it, and I find myself alone with Crazy Richard out a HCRR <creepy willies shiver>.....being armed is a GOOD thing.

But I have just come to realise that is the nature of the Austin area crowd, and not meant to be inflamatory.  It's like hearding cats.  Although rarely successfull, it is still a source of ammusement.

I'll see ya'all next month!  I LOVE Rudy's!
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 4:58:26 AM EDT
[#27]
I will definitely try to be there for the next one, since I was 1/5 of the attendance at this one.  Just hope I have some cash left over after Gunstock.  See you guys there!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top