Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2003 1:34:59 PM EDT
If I cant sell my truck, I want to replace the 3.55s for 3.92s.

The back axel is no prob but I really dont want to do the front.

The dealer wants about $1,000 PER AXEL LABOR!!

I can get the gears, anyone know of a good local shop to perform the install, for a good price?
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#1]
 ugh.....well.....there's a place on Plano Rd., just north of 635.

If you bought the parts and brought it to my shop....I wouldn't touch it.  Too many times I've had people bring parts/kits that were either incorrect or incomplete.  Then they'd get irate when I had to charge them for parts or tell them they got the wrong item.  Hardly anyone realizes that the $35-$65/hr labor charge doesn't cover the overhead, that's why the industry standard for parts markup is 50-100%.

I'd either run by or call the place on Plano Rd. and see what their price is.  I'd think to change out the gears it'd be between $600-700.

mm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top