Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2003 10:58:16 AM EDT
or MG shoots in the north texas area.
I am travelling later this year and wanted to see if I could find a place to shoot.

Link Posted: 8/15/2003 8:11:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 6:50:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Collin County is no longer MG friendly - McKinney's new range ordinance forces them to ban MGs - which really sucked for them since Raytheon was working out there testing endurance of their new sight and they now have to fire something like 4,000 rounds semi-auto.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Bart is absolutely correct about CCGR no longer being open to MGs thanks to the assclowns on the McKinney city council. Funny how all these "noise abatement" measures for outdoor gun ranges don't apply to the McKinney police department range...

www.tdsa.net
They've got a really nice set up there, and once you've joined up, you can shoot whatever you want, whenever you want. They give you a key and you can shoot your MP5 in the middle of the night if you like.

Their pistol instruction is also top notch.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I guess if you are in one of the CCGR tac ranges you can shoot whatever you wish...?

Another question is: are you planning on renting them or bringing them?
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Bart is absolutely correct about CCGR no longer being open to MGs thanks to the assclowns on the McKinney city council. Funny how all these "noise abatement" measures for outdoor gun ranges don't apply to the McKinney police department range...

www.tdsa.net
They've got a really nice set up there, and once you've joined up, you can shoot whatever you want, whenever you want. They give you a key and you can shoot your MP5 in the middle of the night if you like.

Their pistol instruction is also top notch.

JD_22.  I'm seriously thinking about joining TDSA.  Shoot anytime, FA, tactical area, etc...
Sounds great.

Link Posted: 8/19/2003 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
JD_22.  I'm seriously thinking about joining TDSA.  Shoot anytime, FA, tactical area, etc...
Sounds great.

Yes, I would definitely recommend them. They're constantly upgrading things there. I've seen the prints for what their final product is supposed to look like, and it's pretty sweet: Lotsa bays, 300yd rifle range, etc.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 11:23:11 AM EDT
[#8]

I'm seriously thinking about joining TDSA. Shoot anytime, FA, tactical area, etc...

Yes, I joined myself just recently. So far it has been well worth the money.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 7:37:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I need to renew.  My membership expired last Nov (before a lot of the improvements), and I haven't been able to get back out there.
Need to make a trip and see Len.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 8:19:26 AM EDT
[#10]
My god. I just saw the cost. What's to think about? I'm so there. Sweet jesus, maybe there is a god!
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 8:35:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If you're travelling in Oct. Why not join us at Gunstock

For indoor range. Basically SMG rentals. You can go to DFW Gun Range. www.dfwgun.com/

For outdoor, you can either go to Collin County Gun Range or travel a bit to TacPro in Mingus www.tacproshootingcenter.com/

what about suppressors at these ranges?  Quail Creek will not let me shoot mine there.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 9:24:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you're travelling in Oct. Why not join us at Gunstock

For indoor range. Basically SMG rentals. You can go to DFW Gun Range. www.dfwgun.com/

For outdoor, you can either go to Collin County Gun Range or travel a bit to TacPro in Mingus www.tacproshootingcenter.com/

what about suppressors at these ranges?  Quail Creek will not let me shoot mine there.

Really? I'd be interested on knowing their reasoning on that one.....morons...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top