Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2003 9:57:19 PM EDT
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a CCL from Austin these days?  
I just sent all my paperwork in last week and I am hoping it won’t take too long.  The Range Instructor at Carter’s Country said it could take 4 months, for a first time license, but I hope he is wrong.  Has anyone gotten theirs recently, and if you did, how long did it take?
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 10:52:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 4:57:03 AM EDT
[#2]
damn, that's discouraging.... I plan on doing my CHL stuff probably in September if I can, but damn, if I have to wait 90 days, I won't have my CHL until after the new year!  

SHIZNIT.

Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:48:08 AM EDT
[#3]
are you waiting on the packet with all the paperwork, fingerprint cards and all that junk so you can take the class?  or have you taken the class, had you picture taken, fingerprints done, notorized all your paperwork, shot a range for qualification , sent it away are only waiting on the actual physical card to arrive?
it sounds like you havent even taken the class yet.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:12:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine took about a month and a half to get after I sent in all the paperwork.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:33:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
are you waiting on the packet with all the paperwork, fingerprint cards and all that junk so you can take the class?  or have you taken the class, had you picture taken, fingerprints done, notorized all your paperwork, shot a range for qualification , sent it away are only waiting on the actual physical card to arrive?

I have done everything.  I am just waiting for the card.

~Roger3
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 10:21:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I know two people who submitted since May. They received their CHLs in 48 and 52 days respectively.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 10:25:24 AM EDT
[#7]
It took me right at 6 mo IIRC.  It would've been about half that, but I had to retake/resend my pictures...
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 2:16:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have done everything.  I am just waiting for the card.

~Roger3

I sent mine in Nov 23rd or so 2001, received the license March 4th 2002.....
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I got mine after about 60 days.  But that was a year or so ago.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#10]
 I submitted mine the first week of July 2002, I got my CHL in early October,  96 days total.  I was sent a letter stating that the CHL admin were about 2 weeks behind and Dallas County tends to take up to 30 days to respond to the state.

mm
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:09:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Well if everything goes without some of the problems a few of you experienced, I should get my licenses before Halloween.  Thanks for the information guys.

Link Posted: 8/1/2003 11:56:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine took 6 ½ weeks and they had to ‘check something out’.

When you get the confirmation letter you will be able to check the status dally on-line. When it says “issued” it will be IN you mail box that day or the next.
SSD
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 12:45:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine took about six weeks.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#14]
It took 4.5 weeks for mine. I was pretty amazed really-- As for checking the status on the internet, I quit looking cuz it just said "being processed" every time I looked.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I sent mine in Nov 23rd or so 2001, received the license March 4th 2002.....

I also sent mine in November of 2001. I received the card in the mail in Feb 2002. Would have been much faster if I hadn't moved while my license was being processed. It just took a fax to Austin to get my address changed before it was mailed out. No charge for that. (I believe there is a nominal fee if the license has already been issued)
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I recently recieved mine. Sent my paperwork in the last week of June and recieved my license last week.    I also tracked it online, It just said processing.  When It changed to issued online I had the card in the mail the next day.

The books say they have 60 to 120 days to approve or deny.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I sent mine off today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top