Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2003 3:58:30 PM EDT

PERFORMANCE-
i bought my new lil pistoli saturday at the gun show. took it out this afternoon for it's first shoot. i have read meny negative things about how these lil guns jam, fail to feed, fail to extract, get rounds stuck in the magazine in a situation called "shell lock". i was shooting Aquila brand ammo for the plinking. out of 248 rounds only one malfunction. After firing a round the pistol cycled ejecting the spent case and loading extracting another from the mag. the new round did a stove pipe on me. this was about round 175. that was the only flub all day with the new gun. I also shot 20 rounds of Federal hydra-shok, 20 of CorBon, and 20 of Winchester Silver tip. i did full mags of each, mixed mags of the hollow point, mixed of HP and FMJ

Accuracy-
I was hitting point of aim at 3 and 7 yards. at 15 yards the point of impact was about 1" low right. this was the result regardless of which ammo was in it. 3 friends shot the gun with the same results.

Overall-
For a $200 gun that is so easy to carry, i almost forgot i had it. i used the belt clip which attaaches to the gun, made by Kel-Tec. I reccomend it to anyone wanting a small carry gun.

this gun was cleaned with Blue Wonder prior to use, and lubed with Disotec. Ken, send me more of that. I love it.

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one off of a budy that complained that it was extremely innacurate. I looked down the bore and saw a huge scratch along the axis. I bought it on the spot. Sent the barrel to Kel-Tec who replaced it and now it is a great little shooter.

My only concern is that you must be careful how you load the mag. Make sure that the rim of the cartridges do not get behind the one below it. With the .32 being semi-rimmed, they can hang up in the mag. It only happend to me once, but it opened my eyes.

Since I only carry it when going "un-armed" I do not worry about it.

It is a great little gun!

Bob

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 8:00:22 PM EDT
[#2]
MTC,
Good to meet you at the show Sat morning!  No one showed up at the RailHead, but I had a good lunch and went back to the show to buy some M1A parts.

If you do a search on the GunBroker discussion forum page for KelTec, there should be a link dicussing many ways to improve/trick out the p32.  One of the thigs I did was to cut off an ereaser from a pencil and superglue it to the frame behind the trigger. It can be slowly sanded down to stop over travel immediately after fire and provide much faster follow up shots.  I just used a permanent black marker to "paint" the ereaser...the pocket clip is a good ides also.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 9:18:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
"shell lock"

The correct term is "Rim Lock", but I have never had that happen to my P32 in about 600 rounds.  Great little gun.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#4]
One is for sale on the EE at a great price...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=88&t=174344
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top