Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2003 1:11:56 PM EDT
Collectors Firearms has about a dozen in stock, representing all four model lines. There is also a demo unit that had a pellet or bullet go through the lens but still functions fine and works with the part of the lens remaining. Pretty impressive demo of the quality of their product. They are marked at MSRP and sure beat the heck out of the other red dots.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 6:15:25 AM EDT
[#1]
got prices?

i am in the market for a AA battery model with the new water proof buttons
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 11:28:30 AM EDT
[#2]
They're 439.95 with and 389.95 without the night vision capability.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#3]
NV capability?  In what way?  Inherent or through a NV scope?
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 2:02:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Through a NV SCOPE.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#5]
That's about a $65.00 mark-up from everywhere else I haev seen on the net, PLUS you have to pay tax at 8% on top of the $439.00 so add another $32.00 or so dollars.

Not a good deal at all!
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:46:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Collectors is a nice place. They have quite a number of  cool things in stock.

All they need now is a loan officer and an ATM by the front door!  
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:54:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That's about a $65.00 mark-up from everywhere else I haev seen on the net, PLUS you have to pay tax at 8% on top of the $439.00 so add another $32.00 or so dollars.

Not a good deal at all!

That's the tagged price. There's always the option of some discount off that, especially if combined with other purchases. Also, you have somewhere local standing behind it to help you just in case. There's always the other option of doing all one's business with wally world or mail order and losing the excellent local businesses for good.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:02:04 AM EDT
[#8]
You just have to decide whether you are willing to pay an extra $60 or $70 dollars for the privilege of having them having one on hand.

I for one, am not willing to pay more than 10% more.  You can figure that the internet
E-tailers have a 15% markup minimum.  How big a markup does that indicate that Collector's is adding to the price?
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Jeez, here LDB has taken time to turn us on about a cool product at a local business and all we can do is piss and moan about thier high prices.

I am considering purchasing an EO soon to live on top of my new M96 Recon. Maybe one of our Houston members would be willing to see if Collector's  would consider a discount for a "walk in " group buy for ARFCOM members.

Well?

Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:11:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You just have to decide whether you are willing to pay an extra $60 or $70 dollars for the privilege of having them having one on hand.

I for one, am not willing to pay more than 10% more.  You can figure that the internet
E-tailers have a 15% markup minimum.  How big a markup does that indicate that Collector's is adding to the price?

They are tagged at the manufacturer suggested retail price. I believe that puts it at 35% markup. The highest markup on anything in the shop is 40% and that's not very many items.

Next time you're in the shop check out the comfortable temperature, extreme kilowatt consumption of all the lights, number of guys available to wait on customers etc. None of that stuff is free. Check out the incredible variety of items available and quantities on hand. None of that stuff is free. Imagine what it takes to insure against liability, theft, etc. None of that is free.

Get me a significant group purchase and I'll figure out what we can do on it. And fook gets a little extra discount for positive attitude.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:32:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are tagged at the manufacturer suggested retail price. I believe that puts it at 35% markup. The highest markup on anything in the shop is 40% and that's not very many items.

Next time you're in the shop check out the comfortable temperature, extreme kilowatt consumption of all the lights, number of guys available to wait on customers etc. None of that stuff is free. Check out the incredible variety of items available and quantities on hand. None of that stuff is free. Imagine what it takes to insure against liability, theft, etc. None of that is free.

Get me a significant group purchase and I'll figure out what we can do on it. And fook gets a little extra discount for positive attitude.

not to mention when you walk in and ask for something super exotic like a Haemel rifle or a ST-Etenne Mod 1774 musket they don't look at you like a dead fish.  

i am in the market for one.  SC.  i know your GF want's one maybe we can get Slum and a few others to spring for one.  

LDB... can we get a price break on say five?

Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Five will work on a group deal. Whoever wants one please IM me and let me know which you are interested in. I'll see what we have on hand and let you know an exact amount. I'd need to ask everyone to come on a Sunday to get them as that's when I can do the best, maybe 7-20 to give time for everyone to get back to me as to what they want.

Quoted:

not to mention when you walk in and ask for something super exotic like a Haemel rifle or a ST-Etenne Mod 1774 musket they don't look at you like a dead fish.  

i am in the market for one.  SC.  i know your GF want's one maybe we can get Slum and a few others to spring for one.  

LDB... can we get a price break on say five?

Link Posted: 7/10/2003 4:50:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I've purchased several weapons from Collector's over the last year.  I've gotten better deals at the shows, which is where I do the rest of my shopping, but Collectors is always a good place to start the search.  Good people to talk to in there, especially Jim.  

And yes I could be convinced to go in on a group buy for an EOTech.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Collectors is a nice place. They have quite a number of  cool things in stock.

All they need now is a loan officer and an ATM by the front door!  

Yeah, Collectors is real nice. Only problem is they are major $$$$$$
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top