Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2003 11:36:54 PM EDT
I was hired today (Sunday) to ferry a Cessna 177 from Washington to San Antonio.
I'm planing to leave Wash. tuesday and arrive SA wednesday or thursday.  And fly back out friday on the airlines.  

Anybody want to get together in  SA thursday night?

Ben, The Emu
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:21:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting, theres a Hun farm shoot this comming weekend.   I may have to modify my plans to acomodate this.   Anybody driving up from San Antonio thursday or Friday

Ben, The_Emu
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:26:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Hope to see ya at the farm.
The 4th shootout will have a lot of those extra activities.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:11:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Emu... can't make it to the hun farm.. little low on cash. But if you want to go out on the town or something let me know...
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hey Emu... can't make it to the hun farm.. little low on cash. But if you want to go out on the town or something let me know...

Sparsky, i should be arriving at Stinson Field thursday or friday. The insruance company is dragging there feet, so this schedule could change.
If you could pick me up i'll buy gas and drinks.

ive got the phone list somewhere, i'll give you a call when the schedule is a little firmer.

Ben, the Emu
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I don't have my cell anymore... so home phone is your best bet. Or IM's/posts through Arfcom while you can.

I'm usually getting off work around 3:30 and get home around 5pm at the latest. So if ya do call... after 5pm my time is your only bet. Still got my pager by the way...
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#7]
My departure got pushed back to wednesday morning.  I should be there in SA thursday night.    i have a flight reserved on AmWest, friday morning.     Any body else want to party thursday night?

Ben, the Emu
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#8]
So no farm trip for you ?
Hope you can make it to Gunstock.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Oh I have GunStock On the calendar, I'll be there. I'm just tring to pay some stuff off and finish up some of my toys.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Unfortunatly, no i cant go to the farm this time.  I have to get back home right away. on monday im leaving to go work in Maryland for a few months.  Gunstock is looking doubtful also. id like to go, but i have no idea where i'll be in Oct.

Im writing this from Grand Junction CO.  The flight so far has been ok if you dont count the turbulance, forest fire smoke, or broken radios. Its certianly been an adventure.  Im going to lauch out of here 0500 tomorrow to try to avoid some of the turbulence.  i should be in SA by early afternoon.

Ben, The(OnTheGo)Emu
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:04:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll try to get home as soon as I can. More than likely 4:30pm. Just give me a call and I'll pick ya up.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:31:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Im back home safe.  had an interesting flight.  Thanks to Sparsky for picking me up at Stinson field, and droping me off at SA international.  Thanks to Sparsky and Gloftoe for dinner thursday night.    

Ben, The Emu
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey.. not a problem
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#14]
The_Emu, next time you do something like that and you need somebody to ride down shotgun let me know.  A couple of days notice is all I would need.

Whatever happened to the Reno/Vegas run that was mentioned?
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 9:43:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Sorry I was so late getting there, Emu!  But it sure was nice to see you again, and I enjoyed the time spent with y'all Thursday.  Next time I'll use the rubber mallet on my kids, so they go to sleep on TIME.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 11:03:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The_Emu, next time you do something like that and you need somebody to ride down shotgun let me know.  A couple of days notice is all I would need.

Whatever happened to the Reno/Vegas run that was mentioned?

I only had a few days notice myself.  Besides, because it was such short notice i got ripped on the airline ticket home.  $425 one way on Am West.  

As far as the reno trip, it was mentioned, no no one tried to make plans.  it think it wouldnt work anyway. it would take all of a day just to get there in the kind of planes i fly.

Ben, The Emu
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top