Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2003 5:37:56 AM EDT
I am going to stop by the range and take a look at becoming a member. Anybody want to meet up?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:42:18 AM EDT
[#1]
 They're having an IDPA match today.  Also, the AP II class will be going on, so Len should be out there.  He'll probably be a bit busy, you might be able to talk to him during lunch or during one of the breaks.  All the AP II classes I've seen usually gather 10 or fewer students, intentional high instructor to student ratio.  I've seen an AP I class, about the same number of students....the class does look like work though.

FYI, with so many people being out there you'll need eyes and ears when you enter the bay area.

Correction:  It's an IPSC match, I have no idea of what kind of crowd those gather.  
mm
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Checked out the range and joined up. Great pistol facilities. The rifle didn't look real great; but it was there and judging from the amount of building I am hoping it will get better.

If nothing else it is the closest range I can find that allows serious shooters to get some good practice without having to worry about a bunch of range restrictions mainly meant to keep newbs from plugging themselves.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 12:08:06 PM EDT
[#3]
 Oddly enough,  

I see more people out there on weekdays around lunchtime or just after work than I do on weekends days where there is not a match or class scheduled.

You'll need Len or someone to sign you off for rifle and subgun.  Almost all types of ammo is allowed, ask Len on which bay you can use tracer.

I know there are a few more bays in planning, more awnings, another trailer, more popups(I believe in a different confguration than the current ones), more steel plates, a sidewalk, paved or gravelled parking, etc...

It is a lot of fun bump firing when school buses are rolling by.  The little brown car was in pretty good shape a year ago, then last winter I think it was the Duncanville PD Tactical Unit that decided to swiss cheese it.

mm
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 3:45:25 PM EDT
[#4]
 Ok, more good stuff from TDSA.  The return of Cowboy Matches and Steel Matches.  Hopefully this will get going in the next couple of weeks.

mm
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey, good meeting you mm. Maybe next time, I'll have a little more time to talk ARs with you.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 5:54:18 PM EDT
[#6]
 And minutes after you left, I killed the 100 yard gong.

One of the welds on the back of it that holds the chain let go.  I have to call or email Len to let him know.  I also lost the nozzle to my spray can between the 300 and 200 yard berms, so only the 300 is painted now.

It looks like every bay will have an awning now.  Today was a more "crowded" day.  Only during CHL, AP 1 and IDPA matches will you see more people.  Now that the main part of the parking lot is gravelled, there shouldn't be a parking problem anymore.

mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top