Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2003 11:30:11 AM EDT
At Reliant Hall - anyone else going?

I'm gonna walk around trying to sell my modified 2001 RRA LEGP there tomorrow.

Which brings up a question - what's it like selling a rifle at a gun show while just walking around?  Any tips?  Warnings?

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 1:29:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Gun ok.
Ammo

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thx for the advice.  

I figured they're would be more people talking about the show or advice as to how to sell the rifle at the show.

Anyway, guess w/out all the ammo to throw in maybe I'llknock some of the $$$ off the purchase price.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:17:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a couple of pointers for success at the gunshow!

1.  Don't shave for a cuple of weeks before going in.

2.  Wear full combat fatigues that are about 3 sizes too small so any beer belly that you have sticks out and your plumbers crack is fully visible.

3.  Wear a ratty assed booney hat or one of those caps that has the mounts for two cans of beeer and straws on the sides.  

4.  Carry your AR on a tactical sling, at the ready, just in case the black helicopters come to get you.

5.  Carry a few pistols stuck in your wasitband w/o holsters!

Yep, that should do the trick:)

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:27:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Sounds about right.  BTW I'll be there at about 10am to check things out.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thx for the advice.  

I figured they're would be more people talking about the show or advice as to how to sell the rifle at the show.

Anyway, guess w/out all the ammo to throw in maybe I'llknock some of the $$$ off the purchase price.

What about just keeping the ammo in your car outside the event???
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 1:23:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a bit confused - there was ammo everywhere at the Reliant Hall show...

Anyway, the deed is done - in the old AR's place is a Rem 700 BDL in 30-06 w/ a Leupold scope, and a Benelli Nova 18 in. barrel.

I did well.

Bought jerkey and all sorts of crap like flint-firestarters, etc.

Gun shows are a threat to my financial well being...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top