Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2003 2:27:49 PM EDT
Brisket, slow-cooked in a beer BBQ sauce...."

Now that I've set your taste buds in motion, anybody have a recipe for just such a delicacy?

There is a local BBQ place here that serves it. I took my kids there this afternoon, and they liked my dinner better than theirs. Now, I can see the 6 year old liking BBQ (as she was born in Arlington TX), but my 9yo son surprised me since he usually doesn't like anything spicy.

Semper Fi,
Stranded in NY_________________________________________

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Don't know about the recipe you are looking for, but a lot of times I cook a brisket similar to that.

The way I do it is wrapped tightly in heavy duty foil, and just before I seal it up  I add the hot b-b-q sauce (the absolutely Wild brand from Wally world) and 1 beer. Seal tightly to keep steam in, cook about 6-8 hours. I also add sliced onions and other seasonings.

I like it... fullclip  

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

The way I do it is wrapped tightly in heavy duty foil, and just before I seal it up  I add the hot b-b-q sauce (the absolutely Wild brand from Wally world) and 1 beer. Seal tightly to keep steam in, cook about 6-8 hours. I also add sliced onions and other seasonings.

GRUMBLE GRUMBLE.... sorry...that was my stomach I'm going to try that recipe.

Rob
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:10:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Guns, IM TheRedGoat. That boy can make a brisket sit up on its legs and sing "Ave Maria." Seriously, I've had two or three that he's cooked, and he is the man with the plan when it comes to brisket.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:30:31 AM EDT
[#4]
kettle?,  aluminum foil.  you guys are killing me.  

season salt and slow smoke about 250 deg F. for 8 hrs over oak, hickory mesquite, and pecan wood.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top