Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2003 8:05:36 PM EDT
I have not been around the AR15 site in a while- just drop in occaisionally on your C&R board. I have been on the C&R forum board a lot since the end of last year. Is Don Ross still around? I talked to him a lot last fall.
I started collecting curio and relics, up to know is an M1 carbine, an M-96 Swedish mauser and a Swiss K-31. I still haven't bought, or made an AR15 yet, but that may change before too long.
If ya'll allow old, and I mean old rifles at your shoot 'em ups I would like to drop by sometime.
It might be interesting to see what your .223's can do against my 6.5 1907 Swede- slow fire only!
I'll check in every once in a while, especially now that you have this Hometown board.
Later,
Jim
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:18:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Pepperbelly.  You should drop by at the shoots.  Whatever you want to shoot is fine with us--the more diversity the better.

Do visit here often.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Mojo.
If I can make one of the shoots I'll bring my M1 carbine and 10/22 so I don't slow things down too much.
I just had to go and get hooked on rifles that are older than me and have no cheap available ammo. I am going to have to buy a Mosin Nagant or 8mm mauser just to have cheap surplus stuff to shoot.
The Swede and the Swiss need to be handloaded if I am going to do much shooting with them. What's really funny is that the milsurp ammo is match grade. It's hard to beat it with your handloads.
Jim
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:15:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Pepperbelly, if it goes boom, it's welcome.

We try to get together often, everyone welcome.

Don Ross does not frequent the board anymore.

But that doesn't mean you're not welcome.

Heck, we let old folks like ErictheHun shoot, and even LarryG .  So it's obvious we ain't aged biased.

Keep a nose in this here forum, and you'll be as informed as anybody is about our get togethers.

TXLEWIS

Oh, and welcome back.

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#4]
don't forget: Hun farm gathering on July 4th weekend. I may be there...
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I love my M96 Swedish Mauser. Maybe I'll bring it to one of the shoots.

If I can ever make it to one of them.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#6]
THellURider, if we can both get to an event at the same time we can show 'em what a near 100 year old firearm can do.
SOG confirmed today that my Swiss K-31 is shipping today.
Now when I can order my Finn M-39 I should have Scandinavia well represented in my gun locker. At least the ammo for the Finn will be cheap and easy to find.
Thanks for the welcome back. I got a little turned off by the elitist attitude and unforgiving nature of some of the posts, but I really like a forum of guys here locally.
I still gotta get a plastic gun soon!
Jim
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:44:49 PM EDT
[#7]
pepperbelly

Try and make it to the Hun farm over July 4. It
will be hot but you will have a great time. Everyone
has always shared their guns with who ever wants
to shoot them. Hope to see you there sometime.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:02:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Does it last all weekend? I'm on call that holiday and weekend (I work for a small city) but I may be able to slip away.
Where is it and how far?
Jim
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Does it last all weekend? I'm on call that holiday and weekend (I work for a small city) but I may be able to slip away.
Where is it and how far?
Jim

Jim.  How about call in sick

Usually the shoot lasts 3 or 4 days depending on the Hun.  You can just show up for one day if you want.  The Hun farm is located Northwest of Wichita Falls, in the town of Crowell.  I let the Hun tells you about it:  something about the same since 1800 something, something about no electricity, water, blah, blah, blah....

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:17:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Man, that is too far. When on call we have to be able to get to the shop within 30 minutes. I will have to wait until something closer comes up or I'm not on call.
Does anyone go to the Pooleville range? I met some of the range/club officers at a Ft Worth gun show and they seem like nice people. The range sounds primitive, which I like but they have RSO's which is very good. I ahve been thinking about joining when the next club fiscal (?) year starts- $45.00 per year for me and all my family. It's about 50 miles from my driveway, but it is in a rural, peaceful area and it is good to get away.
I'll keep looking for a shoot I can make, and may see some of ya'll at a small range near me- Quail Run.
Later,
Jim
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:06:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
don't forget: Hun farm gathering on July 4th weekend. I may be there...

Oh great!  wanna go snipe hunting?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top