BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2003 2:17:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:00:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Man that (Mid-cities/FW sometime) sounds great!  I was just about to post in the other thread how I can't make it tonight because I couldn't get off work early like I thought I was going to be able to (would have had to get off early to beat traffic [I'm in Ft. Worth]and make it)

The reasons listed sure make Saturday seem like a great day for future dinners.

Hope all had fun tonight.

Rob
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#3]
works much better for me

TXL
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Been talking with a few other members and it seems that it made sense to change the DFW dinners to Saturday nights.

Reasons:

We do not have to worry about traffic. Since you Dallasites consider going 5mph on a FWy traffic.

We also do not have to consider going to work the following day.

It may be easier to arrange for sitters for those that have kids.

Most, not all, but most do not work on Sat. nights.

We also need to consider folks that live in the mid cities and Ft. Worth. Most of the venues that we have had have been in the Dallas, N. Dallas area. Lets not forget we have a lot of members in the Mid Cities and Ft Worth area that have not been able to make due to distance.

When we first started this, the idea is to experience the different restaurant in the Metroplex and to enjoy meeting folks in the Metroplex And lets not forget that the FW in DFW means Ft Worth. We have a ton of members that live there. JFP, Bung, 82ndAbn, Boomholzer and hound comes to mind. They have been gracious in making the dinners in the Dallas neck of woods, we should reciprocate and make dinners in their neck of the woods.

How bout we try for the July dinner on a Saturday somewhere in in the mid cities?

I don't see my name mentioned?

I agree with the employed LT.  Sat night is the best for a lot of us.  Worst comes to worst, I can crash over you guys' place that night.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:16:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds great. Then we can always hit Deep Ellum or someplace afterwards.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:02:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I do not mind having the dinners on Saturday.  I would be able to make most of them then.

Just name the sat and I will try to be there.

We need to have the July one in the midcity or fort worth area.   Just to be fair to the fort worth members.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#8]
ANY day is fine with me!
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I would like to attend,  just let me know..  Sounds like a Boys night out on the town..  Anyone got a Cabin cruiser to drive us all around?  And I think we all need to do our homework on the "Maximun effective Range" before we get together.  Would make the night go allot smoother...  LOL...

Im hopefully in..

Prosise
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:37:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Saturday night sounds good to me as well.

TRG
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:09:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I cool with whatever. I just need to pay attention to these threads so I know when to show up.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:32:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey brother.  I am out of the academy in 24 days.  I will be at the dinners at the end of this thing...

c
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#13]
when and where is the next one.. i'd like to come if that's cool. with any luck i'll be shooting most of the day saturday but would love to know where the times/places are posted for the dinners.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:44:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:57:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Well, when is the first official DFW Sat. dinner?

Come on.  You can tell us.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top