Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2003 4:00:48 PM EDT
Does anyone shoot at ASC in Houston?  Are they AR friendly?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#1]
asc has been discussed in great lenght on this forum. most of what is said is not good. in my own experience the are unfriendly and downright rude to the shooters. the "range master" took exception because i knew a few things he didnt about my and other weapons there. he made it clear to me that assisting other shooter was his job and i was not to do it. screw that. and them.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
$8.00 per hour lil' Nazi's.  

That explains them.  We will never have an event there again.

Eaker
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Alot of us shoot there on a regular basis.  For the most part we have had no problems.  I do wonder why it is that when we are all there with our rifles shooting they tend to have a range nazi sitting on the bench by us.  

Did I mention I arrested one of those range officers for DWI?  He's actually a cool guy and we still talk everytime I see him.  I have no slack for dwi drivers.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:01:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Broke it a new DPMS 1/7 upper there, Sunday. They have a new procedure now, after ya've gone inside, paid, bought ammo/targets, whatever and walk out to the line, they come up to ya and ask to see your receipt.

Yes, the same jerk that I've seen on at least 3 occassions, walks up and asks to see my receipt, I say "what for", he responds with "Oh we have to check everybody now". I go "hell I recongnize you, ya watched me go inside, ya think I went in there, just to look around?" "Don't ya remember me from weeks past?" He said he did, but has to check anyway...., BTW they got the new fencing up and non-shooters are not allowed in the shooting area.

Told him, guess I'll find someplace else to shoot, after I'm done today......, the farm is so much less hassle. They even got twisted at me, on the last trip there w/ the Houston guys, shooting the empty Q3131A boxes, on the 50 yard line, claiming I was damaging the 1x2 boards, when everyone of my rounds were inside the box, and never even touch'd the board.

If your shooting on the long ranges, 300-600 yards, your left pretty much alone, but because they had a National Shotgun Shoot there this weekend they SHUT-DOWN the 2-600 yard ranges, so the SGers could drive around in their golf-carts.

Their fast becoming a pain-in-the-ass....

Mike

PS - I'll post some results, as soon as I get the targets scanned, see "AR Discussions"
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:03:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I refuse to go there!!!!!
I will not give a dime to those people.
Hey shooting is pretty much a self-serve sport...You pay and then you shoot...I don't need no kids bugging me for anything.

BTW I love shooting at Sportsmans Outlet in Humble.  It's an indoor range and not that long..I mainly use it for handgun practice, but you can shoot rifles in there. They don't care if your double tappin or rapid firing.Just as long as your safe.  They have alot of LE training in there everyone from US Customs to SWAT to Local PD.  Lots of tips and lots of pretty nice people.
This is a BIG plus in my book.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:35:13 AM EDT
[#6]
black guns are left alone like everyone else.
if you go some rules i remember.

don't rapid fire. 1 shot per second.
don't shoot at anything but the targets they sell.
expect to be forced to follow the safety rules or asked to leave.
be friendly and they will treat you friendly.
don't do anything ultra stupid.
muzzle up not cross range.
stay off the "black top" during cease fire.
get your gear stowed before cease fire (don't handle guns during cease fire).
during a cease fire rack your gun with the action open.  

most of all be cool and they will be cool
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:09:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Is there anyplace outdoors in Houston to shoot where you will be left alone if safe and you can use your own targets as long as they are normal?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#8]
well if you buy a asc target you can "patch it" with tape or those black and yellow target patches.  as far as being left alone you need to join a "private shooting club" and use their range.  
try the cotton family  
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
$8.00 per hour lil' Nazi's.  

That explains them.  We will never have an event there again.

Eaker

8bucks an hour??!!! wtf?  never charged me per hour.

If you just mind your own buisness and shoop lil holes in the paper they will leave you alone.  its a nice facility...managment could use some work...
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:44:14 AM EDT
[#10]

8bucks an hour??!!! wtf? never charged me per hour.

Believe Eaker was refering to "how much" the Range officers make.....

Mike

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top