Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2003 8:39:08 PM EDT
Does anyone know where/when I could shoot in a match around the Houston area in order to qualify for rifles from CMP?

Thanks in advance for any replies
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:16:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Jim Barron [[email protected]]

We shoot our across the course match on the 3rd Saturday of the month.
We will shoot the full 80 shot course with sighters at 200, 300 and 600yrds.

We also have 60 shot 600yrd only matches.  The next one will be 2nd Saturday in April.  8:00 sign up.

Greenwood Gun Club range is located just north of Brazoria off FM 521 at the end of county rd 508.

>From Houston take 288 south.
Exit Hwy 35 east(right) toward West Columbia(Exxon station on this corner).
Take FM 521 south(left)(second blinking yellow light).
Turn off onto county rd 508 left(about 5.5 miles) and following it through the gate at the end of the road.  If you get to a large bridge and interchange you past it.

Stay left on the club road to get to the rifle range.  Parking is avaiable at 300 yrd line(kind of soft right now with all the rain).
We will squad at the 200 yrd line.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:36:06 AM EDT
[#2]
By the Armadillo Club?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:18:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow, that was a great quetion. Now, does anyone know of one in the D/FW area? Also, I can't get TSRA to send me any proof that I'm a member. (Except for a magazine and a request for MORE money along with some stickers, but I don't think that that's what CMP is looking for...)
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:15:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks much .308Wood!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:26:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry for the short notice--I just got registered.
I shoot @ the Golden Triangle Gun Club in Beaumont.  We have a 50 round 200 yd service rifle match the 2nd Sat of every month and a 40 rd 200 yd bolt action s.r. match (the shooting museum)the 3rd Sat.  If I'm not mistaken, there's a 600 yd match the 1st Sat and XC is the 4th Sat (I haven't shot either of these)
Tomorrow, sign up at 6:30--start shooting as soon as the light gets good.  If interested, e-mail me and I can give directions or arrange to meet you and take you there...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top