Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2003 6:34:41 PM EDT
We are going to the Hun farm late morning/early afternoon (?) Friday, returning Saturday.

ETH and others will post on here (I hope) with more details.  We just left dinner at Bone Daddy's and we were told that the first one to get online was to post this.  Short notice, but we are going.  I brought a Garand, an AR10, an AR180, and AR180B, and some Sig pistols and an HK USP 45.  All are welcome to shoot them.  I have limited ammo (can only get so much in an RX7), so if someone can bring some .45, .308, and .30-06, it would be appreciated.  I have quite a bit of .223.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I might go. Not sure. Probably have to work.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in.

Bringing an XD40, Remington 7400, AR15, and Savage .22
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#3]
damit!

I'm still going to wait for the 4th of July.  

Anyone want to help me whoop up on Legs and TRG for that whole snipe prank?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:38:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn it, that's far away from Houston.  I had to get on mapquest to see where it was.  

I've got family in Benjamin, TX and in Wichita Falls.  

I've only been to Benjamin once but it is out in the middle of no where.  I thought every town had a dairy queen and I refused to believe that Benjamin, TX didn't have one even though I was told different.  I learned two things in that town:
1)  Not every town has a dairy queen
2)  Tarantulas are big spiders and can jump so don't stand over them.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:18:51 AM EDT
[#5]

jadams, I have worked a lot around Benjamin in the past. It's the county seat of Knox county, and you can't even buy a soda there!!LOL... fullclip
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:53:02 AM EDT
[#6]
LARRYG
Are you going to the gunshow Saturday ?
With such short notice, I can't get off work,
but hope to meet you at the gun show.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:56:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
LARRYG

If not, they will be there Sunday, and I think he's here next week too... Bone Daddy's again? hehe or that Bikini bar they were talking about?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:59:11 AM EDT
[#8]
bikini bar = not good for Johnphin

It's raining pretty good here, any word on how much rain the farm is getting?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:13:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

If I am going to the farm, I HOPE its raining a LOT!!! hehehehe....
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:21:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I am going to the farm, I HOPE its raining a LOT!!! hehehehe....

If that's the case, I hope that you'll let me ride with you, at least on the dirt section. I kid you not, I came REAL close to getting stuck last time before it started raining! (In the little mud puddle just inside the gate)
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:32:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

jadams, I have worked a lot around Benjamin in the past. It's the county seat of Knox county, and you can't even buy a soda there!!LOL... fullclip

Yeah my grandmother's sister used to work at the courthouse last time I saw her but that was back in like early 90's.  

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:02:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I Hate spiders with a passion!  Infact a huge one was going past me once while I happened to be shooting and I shot it.  I have no problem with snakes. But spiders are BAD!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:05:08 AM EDT
[#13]
It is my wife's birthday today, so I do not have enough money to make it to the Hun farm or the show this weekend.

Was that the classic snipe hunt that Citabria fell for? If so, dude you live in Texas and you don't know about snipe hunts? WMA
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:05:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
LARRYG

Where is the gun show on Saturday?

Thanks,

bd

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:10:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Big Town in Mesquite
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:44:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
 I thought every town had a dairy queen and I refused to believe that Benjamin, TX didn't have one even though I was told different.  I learned two things in that town:

Does it have an Allsup's?

Energizer, experience tells me that with the red mud/clay at the Hun Farm, 4WD is useful for getting you twice as far in before you get stuck.

mm
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Energizer, experience tells me that with the red mud/clay at the Hun Farm, 4WD is useful for getting you twice as far in before you get stuck.

Yeah-- if you were in ETH's 4x4, that might be true. My 4x4: no problem!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:54:02 PM EDT
[#18]
It's almost tomorrow! And what time are we going?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:35:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I can't go. Long story at work...
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 I thought every town had a dairy queen and I refused to believe that Benjamin, TX didn't have one even though I was told different.  I learned two things in that town:

Does it have an Allsup's?

mm

mm, the last time I was there the only business in town was a small cafe that was open from 5am until 2pm. I think even it is closed now. When the oilfield shut down, most small town cafes did also... fullclip
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:33:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Well.....from hearing the horror stories about your Jeep....
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#22]
With the rain that we have recieved yestrday & what is coming tonight going to  prevent a standard truck from getting in or out of the farm?  If I can get caught up with my rat killin by fri morn I just might talk a drive out.  If it looks too bad,  I might need a shuttle in.  I have a 1/2 ton chevy w/ positrak,  but prob not suited for red outmeal clay....  

Prosise

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Prosise, I was out there before it rained. ETH said that there's a back way in that is more rocky and less muddy, so I figure we can go that way with a standard truck. Once we get to the farm, it's just two dirt tracks through a field. I was able to negotiate around the major mud and keep the wheels in the grass, and that helped. I'm still willing to go if anyone else wants to. I really want to. Besides, getting stuck is always more fun if there's more than one person. I don't want to get stuck by myself though! Give me a call if you're going so we can plan when to meet up. (817)485-9704. LARRYG and ETH, feel free to call me as well. I want to know if we're still on.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#24]
ALERT ALERT

Just spoke with ETH and he said that due to the amount of rain that the farm has recieved (much  more than here in Dallas) that we would not be able to get in, so the shoot is off.

I will be riding with Eric to the gunshow on Saturday, so maybe I can meet some of you there.

Sorry, I really wanted to go, but I can understand about the weather and the mud.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Let me know what time to look at the back of the gun show concession stand (sat or sun). Would like to meet some of the guys that go out to the Farm.
This way I can see what Im getting myself into before hand...  lol

Here is a picture of me,  sorry no guns in the picture.  The only one I had of me in my webspace at this time.

webpages.charter.net/picts/whopper.jpg

Prosise
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well.....from hearing the horror stories about your Jeep....

Like I always say: when its not in the shop, it functions really well. Ask the gang that was at the farm over Memorial day weekend.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:13:52 PM EDT
[#27]
cancelling the farm trip due to rain! WHIMPS!!!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:22:42 PM EDT
[#28]
a lil water ......thats it. come on!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:16:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Since the farm trip was canceled, anyone able and willing to go to the range today? ETH, LARRYG, anyone?

I started a new thread:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=170600
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:35:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Awww poor little Texans cant get a little wet. But what about when the SHTF? You all cant defend the US against the tyrant government when its only warm and sunny out???

Just messing with ya's!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:34:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Poor guy from MD has to hang out in the TX threads.....
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:37:36 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Sorry cowboy but I used the active topics feature.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:41:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry cowboy but I used the active topics feature.

thats no excuse......admit it, you'd rather be a Texan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top