Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2003 10:30:38 PM EDT
Ok so about a week or two ago, I applied at Starbucks coffie.  Starting pay is about $7.50 per/Hr.  I asked $8-10 per hr.  Anyway almost 2 weeks go by and I dont hear jack from them. So I think, "ok screw that" and fill out other applications.

Well today starbucks called and the lady "Cindy" says, "Hi, this is Cindy from starbucks about your application.  I am very interested in you. Can you come in monday at 10AM."  

Replying, I said, "No, I am busy all day Monday.  Is Tuesday at say....noon ok?"

she then said "That would be perfect! see you then!"

It was a very pleasent convo and I think I might get the J.O.B.

Rumor has it that employees get 1 pound of ground coffie free per week + free drinks while on duty and 30%off while not on duty.  Plus i also hear you can give friends discounts too.  

Anyway i hope it works out.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:13:39 AM EDT
[#1]
The coffee lovers version of working in a gun store. For me it would have to be the Dr. Pepper company with a free case a week and free while at work. Good luck on Tuesday.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:01:54 AM EDT
[#2]
good luck.
you need to apply for a job at Spec's
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:25:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Ok so about a week or two ago, I applied at Starbucks coffie.

Hmmm... if you are going to work there, you might want to spell COFFEE correctly, not the "gay" way...

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh yeah: I hear Starbucks has great benefits too. Plus, it looks like an easy job. I get the Coffee Fraps all the time to keep me awake. If they can get away with charging $4+ for a litle coffee blended with ice, then they should have great benefits.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:42:14 AM EDT
[#5]
yeah well.....if i get the J.O.B., you know all my friends will get nice discounts.  I donno though.....most my "friends" dont correct my spelling. hehehe
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:53:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
yeah well.....if i get the J.O.B., you know all my friends will get nice discounts.  I donno though.....most my "friends" dont correct my spelling. hehehe

Yeah, but if you work at Starbucks, and your friends don't prevent you from saying "coffee" as "coffie"... they may no longer be your friends... You might be meeting a different "kind" of "friend"
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#7]
So are you going to let us know which Starbucks so all of your new 'friends' can stop by for a deal on a frap ???
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds great!..I had my interview the other day with DART here in Dallas..I am awaiting the slooooooowwwwww results from their background check..LOL
Bill
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:47:57 AM EDT
[#9]
WTG,

Just dont talk guns, most of the people in the Starbucks are Tree huggers & Yuppies.  But I hope you get the job,  Its a rough time for jobs at this time....

God bless

Prosise
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:30:06 AM EDT
[#10]
SO what's the deal?
can i get a free double-chock-latt-hol-da-whip?

make sure you get put on Tuesday nights.  that way we will always have a place to meet?

i can't wait to have a "Tuesday night-er" at Starbucks and order pizza!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:32:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:45:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I want a fucking LARGE coffee, Black.  Don;t wwant that hjomo Vente, Grande crap w/ Choco nuts and fruit in it:)  Just a large BLACK COFFEE!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:31:01 AM EDT
[#13]
If i get the job, i will post the location so my homos......i mean homies can get discounts.

Prosise,  they already know about my gun history. I wear my AR15 hat in alot. LOL
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:42:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If i get the job, i will post the location so my homos......i mean homies can get discounts.

Prosise,  they already know about my gun history. I wear my AR15 hat in alot. LOL

Good luck, Cit.

Does this mean there will be free coffee at Gunstock in the AM for all of us?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Great, Citabria on a caffeine high.  This could be interesting.  He already has more energy than any other 2 Houston members combined.  

On a serious note, good luck, hope you get it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:31:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I want a fucking LARGE coffee, Black.  Don;t wwant that hjomo Vente, Grande crap w/ Choco nuts and fruit in it:)  Just a large BLACK COFFEE!

I was going to say the exact same thing!  If you are ever there pick up a pound of verona ground for your type of coffe pot setup.  It is by far the best damn stuff black...  That is all i drink..    I never understood why starbucks doesnt have cups labeled small med & large..   Its tall, grande....   You should call the store & ask about the job status of the position they are hiring for..  Let the know you are ready to work, & are prompt....

Prosise
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck, Cit.

I'm going to see if I can do that.  If it is true that I get 1 pound of ground coffie per week I figure by gun stock i'll have plenty for everyone!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:29:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck, Cit.

I'm going to see if I can do that.  If it is true that I get 1 pound of ground coffie per week I figure by gun stock i'll have plenty for everyone!

Still spelling it the "gay" way I see... You will fit right in as an employee!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:42:08 AM EDT
[#19]
I figured I'd leave it as is so people would know what your refering to....and I'm too much of a lazy ass to do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top