Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2003 9:28:52 AM EDT
Ok so there we are cruisin the hoods in this police car. I have wait many weeks to get in on this ride along and it finally came!

At the begining of the shift we cruised around in the naiborhoods like i said.  suddenly jadams951 is like "expired inspection!"  so we do the BAT turn into a drive way and through it into reverse and then back into drive and speed up to catch the perps.  

Lights go on and they pull over.  these people were total white trash!  they were driving a while(with rust spots) oldsmobile from like late 80's or early 90's.  So we delt with them and continued on our patrol.

Then we see a niice 99' camero go by us with expired inspection.  BAT TURN!  were hot on his tale and out lights go on again! he pulls over.  Jadams951 gets out of the car and goes to collect the guys information. For some reason this dude cant find his DL.  "it got stolen"  so he hands jadams951 his college ID.  Then the perp magically finds his stolen liscence.  After a few seconds the information comes back on this dude.  2 OUTSTANDING WARRENTS!  We took his happy ass to the county jail.  

after a nice drive to downtown we stopped for a while to catch up on paperwork.  

then we continued on our partol which was fairly uneventful.  2 or 3 more traffic stops and nothing major.

then we went to the station to download some information from the laptop to the HPD computers.  after that we cruised over to a gas station and heard a call come in about a guy who kicked his kids out of the house and locked himself in.  he started threating to kill himself too.

so were sittin at this gas station wishin we could go over there to see this but we were pretty far.  for those of you who know houston real well we were just west of the beltway-I10 area and the event was in Katy tx.  

soon after we started wishing we could go over, the call goes out that more units should come on out. so we flew mach1 down I10 to katy and then exited the freeway near mason rd.  as we went through the intersections we flipped the lights and siren on.  it was kick ass!  

eventually we arrive there and i'm told to go stand by the EMS guys and basically take cover.  jadams951 gets his bad ass 12. ga out with that bad ass sling!  ofcourse i got the best of both worlds.  i got to watch the event yet hang back with the fire guys and make bets on if the perp was dead already.  oh plus we also had the REHAB truck to bring us food and drinks too.

there was no responce from inside the house for a long time, so HPD SWAT was called in.  2 SWAT guys showed and i was tryin to get a look at their toys. NO FRIGGIN MP5s :(  but their urban camo was interesting.  I wonder how long till they get MARPAT. ;P

Anyway, so this whole tactical situation developes and the perp finally walks up from a "three hour hike."  HE WASNT EVEN IN THE HOUSE!  His happy ass also went to jail.

jadams951 was ready to leave so we left and he was all, "hell yeah i looked bad ass out there with my shotgun."  And hell yes, he did!
Thanks jadams951! that was really cool!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:49:38 AM EDT
[#1]
HPD responds to calls in Katy now?  I guess it's been a while since I've been back there.  Used to live in Williamsburg Settlement in Katy.

Sounds like you had fun
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:56:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Just remember what I said...the cool toys get old after a while, the lights and siren give you a headache and they get old too.  

He also forgot to mention that I tell him to dress nice and all that stuff I guess I should have said don't wear your hair that's 4-5 inches long spiked straight up!!!

I wouldn't say I looked bad ass.  I think I looked hot and sweaty and now I've got mosquito bites on me.  Also, I was too pissed off that elizabeth didn't call me all day to worry about looking cool.

Also, Jason didn't say how the guy was supposed to be inside with numerous firearms and suicidal and when we got there I thought the house was further down and I pull up right in front of the frigging house and get out and grab the guage and then have jason sitting in my patrol car until the other units tell me I'm right in front of it.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
HPD responds to calls in Katy now?  I guess it's been a while since I've been back there.  Used to live in Williamsburg Settlement in Katy.

Sounds like you had fun

HPD SWAT will respond to the surrounding counties and unincorporated areas of harris county when needed and this all took place in Williamsburg!!!  

The sheriff's dept has a ERT or SRT team(whatever they call it) but I've never seen them actually come out to a scene.  Hell a few months ago when HPD Homicide Officer Mike Bosman was shot doing a follow up on a missing person case that turned out to be a multiple homicide HPD SWAT came out there even though it was in the county.  

FYI for you guys Officer Bosman last I heard was in bad shape and has had like 20+ surgeries and has major infections and his Dr. is Dr. Red Duke.  From what I've been told officer Bosman has been real depressed and is in constant pain and is tired of the fight after being shot.  You idiots that criticize cops never see that on TV and never hear how the pain is still going on.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#4]
What's a BAT turn? Acronymfinder.com doesn't seem to be of much help with this.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#5]
you know like a turn that Batman does.....

yeah yeah i'm getting my haircut tomarrow!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:43:34 PM EDT
[#6]
What I learned from this story....

1) Capitalization of words is sporadic at best or...
2) Citabria's shift key works intermitantly
3) Citabria's spell check is seriously on the fritz.
4) By the story, it didn't appear that the police were justified in arresting the man who apparently WAS NOT in the house.  Was there more to the story?  He was out taking a walk.  Sounds like his dumb shit kids fucked him over, so where was the police discretion in wading through the horse shit that lead to the police presence in the first place?

Basically, the "suicidal home owner" thing doesn't make sense.  Can someone elaborate for me?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#7]
well sorry for not spelling all that well.  I'll fix it later. I was writing it in a rush so there ya go.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:53:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

LOL.

Cit.  I hope you don't flunk English class.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#9]
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought maybe you had driven your way into another speeding ticket or something. WMA
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
4) By the story, it didn't appear that the police were justified in arresting the man who apparently WAS NOT in the house.  Was there more to the story?  He was out taking a walk.  Sounds like his dumb shit kids fucked him over, so where was the police discretion in wading through the horse shit that lead to the police presence in the first place?

Basically, the "suicidal home owner" thing doesn't make sense.  Can someone elaborate for me?

I was thinking the same thing when I first read this story.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Why was this guy locked up?

Certainly there was more to it than someone said he said something.

I'm really glad everyone had a great time on this ride along but I feel there is more to this that we are not hearing.

The repeated references to "bat turns" is a major indicator of inconsistencies.

Did everyone get home safely that night?

Bob

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL.

Cit.  I hope you don't flunk English class.

Its ok......i bee edumicated.  i gotz to graduate already
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:27:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What's a BAT turn? Acronymfinder.com doesn't seem to be of much help with this.

I can't remember seeing batman turns but I know my turns were simply hit the brakes, turn into the driveway, and back out.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:30:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was thinking the same thing when I first read this story.

Well, do you think it's alright to kick a 9 year old and another kid younger than that out of the house and tell them he's fixing to burn the house down.

He did not go to jail he was taken in for a mental health evaluation.  If it had been my scene then he would have gone to jail for abandoning/endangering a child.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top