Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2003 1:06:23 PM EDT
I saw a red Ferrari 550/575M Maranello...

For those that don't know, that's the $250,000 one with the V-12 and real world tested top speed of 194 mph.

It was up on the back of a flatbed truck, probably being delivered to some rich guy. While I do not think I would buy one of those cars brand new, I think that if someone were just going to give me any car in the world as a new toy, and I couldn't sell it, that would be the car that I would get. Especially after seing one up close in the real world again, I think that it must be one of the most beautiful cars ever designed.

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:27:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Hang around Plano. I've seen a silver one and a black one. Also, the guy that owns the WaterWorks carwash at the corner of Legacy and Independence races Ferraris. He usually has one on display there now and then.

Edited to add: Ché automobile magnifico!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#2]

I think that it must be one of the most beautiful cars ever designed.

Amen!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#3]
$250,000!! Wow!! That is a nice single story house here in Plano. Well maybe not W. of Preston.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd live in a fucking 30' single wide if it would leave me enough money to buy that car!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#5]
On the way back we stoped in Palestine to shoot at my uncle's but he wasnt home, so we went to my other uncle's in conroe, and busted some shit up.  then we got pulled over by DPS, and i was asked to step out of the car.  the guy had asked if we had any firearms on us.  he had seen the keltech owners manual so thats why he asked.  we said yes then he and my dad got to talking police stuff, and he got off with a "warning."  kinda pissed me off tho, cuz i got a ticket and he didnt. ;P
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:18:18 PM EDT
[#6]
In Plano, off of Plano Pkwy, just west of the Tollway, is a high-end dealership (Ferarri & something else). Last week I saw a couple nice cars when I drove by: looked similar to the one you have pictured.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:19:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
On the way back we stoped in Palestine to shoot at my uncle's but he wasnt home, so we went to my other uncle's in conroe, and busted some shit up.  then we got pulled over by DPS, and i was asked to step out of the car.  the guy had asked if we had any firearms on us.  he had seen the keltech owners manual so thats why he asked.  we said yes then he and my dad got to talking police stuff, and he got off with a "warning."  kinda pissed me off tho, cuz i got a ticket and he didnt. ;P

Why did you get a ticket?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:28:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I bet I know the guy who bought it. I was hunting with him last week in Idaho for Black bear. He has been looin at 575's with paddle shifters since it comes with launch control. He's a close family friend which means I'll get to drive it in the non too distant future.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:34:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why did you get a ticket?

thats whatpissed me off!  2 hun trips ago i recived a ticket. but then, my dad well he gets a "warning."

JJEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:47:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck that Wop P.O.S., I would swing for the Saleen if I had the bucks.  Then, if I couldn't get the Saleen, I would have to settle for the Ferrari:)

Oh yeahm the reason that wop POS was on a trailer was becasue it wouldn't start and they had to flatbed it to the dealer.

Funny thing, I met a dude that had one of the new Lambos in Houston.  The dealer is in Dallas.  I asked him who repaired the car in Houston.  He said No one, they send a fltbed down and haul it to the dealership in Dallas.  Fuck it, if you have that kind of jingle for a car, a hot-shot round trip delivery to Dallas would be cheap.

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#11]
if you've got the money, does it really matter how far you have to ship one of your cars to get it fixed?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top