Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2003 5:25:31 AM EDT
I was going to go to Alpine Range, up north of the speedway, but they don't allow FMJ. Since all I've shot out of my AR is m193, I don't intend to buy all new ammo just to go there. Winchester range doesn't open until 10:00. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:18:14 AM EDT
[#1]
first off, Alpine north of the speedway? what speedway. the only alpine i know of is in kennedale by a motorcycle track. As far as where do i shoot. Tac Pro Shooting Center. It's a drive but worth it in my opinion. 100 and 200 yard ranges. then he has one that goes out to 1000 yards, intervals every 100. pistol steels, bowling pins skeet, trap, you name it, he has it. ultra friendly couple owns it. he used to be british SAS
www.tacproshootingcenter.com

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#2]
175/beltline..

heard about it from people here..

Called "Mickeys" or something..

strip of river where you can do pretty much anything you want execpt shoot up the lenth of the river.. < can shoot into only>
from the few times iv been there seems the only rules are clean up after your self..

downside:
1. Our eric the hun does not seem to like it.. < I love it !  free fire .. as long as you dont kill yourself you will be left alone :) >

2. Cost is about 200 a year for a key..< I will be happy to  pay it again next year :) >

3.Muddy as hell when it rains,,,

the place is called Ammo Depot I belive its down the street fromthe mesquite rodeo..
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I shoot at Gibsons on Lawson Rd in Mesquite.  They are fmj friendly and have a 25yd,50yd,100yd and 200yd range and they are nice people.  I don't know if they have the 200yd range up and running again or not.  It was damaged by a flood awhile back and they have been waiting for it to dry out so they could get a tractor down there and build it up again.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:16:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Man, why isn't there some place like that on the North side of town. I'd gladly pay somebody for the privledge to shoot.

Any suggestions ??

Ed
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:41:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Man, why isn't there some place like that on the North side of town. I'd gladly pay somebody for the privledge to shoot.

Any suggestions ??

Ed

I think the name is Quail Creek...1171 and I-35W.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:41:20 AM EDT
[#6]
You can try Northside Drive in Fort Worth or nearly anywhere in South Oak Cliff.  I hear there is a lot of shooting going on in those places.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Did someone delete one of my posts, or am I just stupid?!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You can try Northside Drive in Fort Worth or nearly anywhere in South Oak Cliff.  I hear there is a lot of shooting going on in those places.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH............................

UHHH,        

WAIT JUST A MINUTE!    I LIVE IN THE NORTH SIDE!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 2:29:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm looking for a place in or near the DFW metroplex to shoot as well.  I'm looking for one that allows full auto fire.  I have a class 3 weapon about to arrive.  This is what I have been able to gather so far:

1) I've heard of the Ammo Dump location.
2) The DFW Gun Club's indoor range on Mockingbird near Love Field allows full auto, but I've heard it's $15 for an hour!
3) Collin County Gun Range just stopped full auto on their range.
4) There is a range in Sanger called Magnum Sports Club that supposedly is $7 a day and does allow full auto.

Does anyone have any recommendations?  Does Tac Pro allow full auto?  What about Gibsons?  

Someone told me of a range near Mineral Wells.  Does anyone know anything about it?

Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm looking for a place in or near the DFW metroplex to shoot as well.  I'm looking for one that allows full auto fire.  I have a class 3 weapon about to arrive.  This is what I have been able to gather so far:

1) I've heard of the Ammo Dump location.
2) The DFW Gun Club's indoor range on Mockingbird near Love Field allows full auto, but I've heard it's $15 for an hour!
3) Collin County Gun Range just stopped full auto on their range.
4) There is a range in Sanger called Magnum Sports Club that supposedly is $7 a day and does allow full auto.

Does anyone have any recommendations?  Does Tac Pro allow full auto?  What about Gibsons?  

Someone told me of a range near Mineral Wells.  Does anyone know anything about it?

Any help would be appreciated.

The range in Sanger is where I go frequently to shoot.
"MAGNUM SHOOTING RANGE" It is nothing more than an old gravel pit with pallets set up at variuos distances, out to about 200-220 yards.

The place is located at 4934 Duck Creek Rd, Sanger.
They just put up a covered area and some benches. Some seats are available.
They have some strange hours, IM me and I'll get you the phone number if you want it.(I'll have to go look it up)

A trailer house on top of the hill is the office. Very informal. No RANGE NAZI's. They don't care what type of weapon you shoot or the ammo you shoot through it. $7 a day, and they never charge me to for my boys. (under 10)

You need to bring something to sit on and targets to shoot at (anything but glass).

I believe the guy who owns it is a sheriff's deputy or constible, at least he used to be.

If you are going to shoot full-auto, bring your paper work. I have been there a few times when the "LAW" has pulled up and asked people for it. Neighbors complain, and call the law when they hear it. Never seen a problem

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:43:38 PM EDT
[#11]
chaos4570 -

Thanks for the info I just sent you an IM.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I shoot at Gibsons on Lawson Rd in Mesquite.  They are fmj friendly and have a 25yd,50yd,100yd and 200yd range and they are nice people.  

Ditto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top