Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2003 1:06:43 PM EDT
My Jeep is in the shop again, as usual.

Was in the shop about 2 weeks ago, for several things, then 2 days before that... etc.

This time, oil was leaking all over the place. The underside is drenched! Won't have my Jeep for the weekend-- it is in the hospital til sometime early next week.

Rear main seal went out, and a cover is also leaking (not sure which cover).

Luckily I got the extended warranty... its saved me SO MANY TIMES.... You should see the stack of paperwork on this thing: before & after the warranty.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:36:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Get rid of that POS.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#2]

E.  Time to change different car.  Seems like you have too many problems with the Jeep.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#3]
So you have another reason not to go out on the weekend.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#4]
what kind of jeep?  how old?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:45:10 PM EDT
[#5]
UPDATE: They say the rear main seal isn't out. There is a front cover that was leaking, and running off to the rear area...

question is: I bet they caused this problem when they last changed the oil. They are going to charge me the $50 deductible.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Need more info on your Jeep.  What type Jeep, model year, millage.

I have a 95 Jeep Wrangler.  95K miles.  No major problems, just some small latches breaking that I can fix myself, oil pressure switch replaced, etc....

What do you have?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:52:25 PM EDT
[#7]
"Front cover" as in valve cover?  If they removed your valve cover to change the oil, you have a lot more "fun" to look forward to...

Good luck,

Bud
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#8]
[adam sandler] Piece of sheet car, I got a piece of shit car...[/adam sandler]

Matt, saw a range rover in the paper for 30k.

If you need another garage queen, you might look into it.  

You really might look into the Toyota Sequoia (sp)

TXL
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:59:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh yeah:

I have a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Limited, 4x4 Quadra Drive, 4.7L V8, etc. etc. Everything except the engine heater.

Edited to add: Mileage about 70K
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you need another garage queen, you might look into it.  

Range Rovers suck. (I'd rather keep my Jeep.)
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:03:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Been looking for a new/used truck or SUV if the price will fit my budget...

1. H2 (too expensive for what it is, and its slow)

2. Dodge 1500 or 2500 Quad Cab 4x4

3. Dodge Durango 4x4
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:45:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Been looking for a new/used truck or SUV if the price will fit my budget...

1. H2 (too expensive for what it is, and its slow)

2. Dodge 1500 or 2500 Quad Cab 4x4

3. Dodge Durango 4x4

I have an '02 Dodge 1500 Quad cab Lone Star edition. I love the sucker. Lots of room. enough power and a comfy ride. It gets an A+ recommendation from me.

Note: My wife has a 2000 Durango that she really likes.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:42:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have an '02 Dodge 1500 Quad cab Lone Star edition. I love the sucker. Lots of room. enough power and a comfy ride. It gets an A+ recommendation from me.

I would like to find a good deal on a new Dodge quad cab. I test-drove one, it drove like a HUGE boat, but I loved the room and the ability to haul stuff around.

Is yours a 4x4? What's the price of that special lone-star edition? What makes it a "lone-star" edition? I saw it on a commercial tonight. Saw they had 0% financing: if its not just on leases (like they normally do) I might seriously consider getting one. (I want to lift it too!)
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would like to find a good deal on a new Dodge quad cab. I test-drove one, it drove like a HUGE boat, but I loved the room and the ability to haul stuff around.

Is yours a 4x4? What's the price of that special lone-star edition? What makes it a "lone-star" edition? I saw it on a commercial tonight. Saw they had 0% financing: if its not just on leases (like they normally do) I might seriously consider getting one. (I want to lift it too!)

It drove like a boat??? I like mine cuz it turns sharper than a Ford or Chevy. IMHO. mine is not 4x4. The Lone Star edition has the 20in. chrome wheels Power doors, locks, cruise, tilt, driving lights, CD. I got mine at Karl Klement in Decatur. I know it is a long way to drive but the folks there are honest and straight forward. And mine was much cheaper than any one in the metroplex. not to mention sales tax is cheaper up there. I got a no BS price over the phone on the first car I bought there. It might be worth your time to give them a call.

Link Posted: 5/13/2003 5:42:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
It drove like a boat??? I like mine cuz it turns sharper than a Ford or Chevy. IMHO. mine is not 4x4. The Lone Star edition has the 20in. chrome wheels Power doors, locks, cruise, tilt, driving lights, CD. I got mine at Karl Klement in Decatur. I know it is a long way to drive but the folks there are honest and straight forward. And mine was much cheaper than any one in the metroplex. not to mention sales tax is cheaper up there. I got a no BS price over the phone on the first car I bought there. It might be worth your time to give them a call.

FYI: sales tax on vehicles is the same throughout the state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top