Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2003 3:15:23 AM EDT
Here's the complete explanation:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=185707

Long story short, my car was burglarized and I tore up my trigger finger PRETTY BAD.

Anyone have a left handed AR that I can shoot if we go to the farm? If not, I'll have to stick to pistols and bolt-actions.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:18:12 AM EDT
[#1]
You can shoot any AR left handed.  Some folks prefer an upper with a brass deflector, but once you get accustomed to operating the selector with your index finger, left handed is not a problem.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:24:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You can shoot any AR left handed.  Some folks prefer an upper with a brass deflector, but once you get accustomed to operating the selector with your index finger, left handed is not a problem.

My upper DOES have a brass deflector. Will that keep the hot brass from bouncing off my face effectively? Usually the brass lands about 10 feet to my right and slightly behind me.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:45:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My upper DOES have a brass deflector. Will that keep the hot brass from bouncing off my face effectively? Usually the brass lands about 10 feet to my right and slightly behind me.

It should unless you have a really big nose.  

I shoot both lefty and righty with the same upper.  No problems.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:04:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Sorry about the bad news, Johnphin.  Hope they catch those a**holes.

At the Hun farm, if you don't have a rifle, you can shoot ours.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:50:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Where the hell do you live?  Dallas or Houston?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:51:35 AM EDT
[#6]

I shoot left handed. I've shot a bunch of the AR's that the guys have out there and I have never had a problem. Don't sweat it, it will work.

Sorry about the bad luck, he farm is the place to get over it... fullclip

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:59:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Where the hell do you live?  Dallas or Houston?

North Richland Hills, right outside of Fort Worth.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:14:05 AM EDT
[#8]
hmmm....
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:23:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
hmmm....

I don't like the sound of that...
Are you plotting against me?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top