Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2003 8:28:09 PM EDT
Well, its that time of year again.  The farmers in Southern Mexico and Guatamala are burning last year's crops in order to ready their fields for the coming planting season.  

All the smog that you've seen lately is blanketing the skies of our great state.  It has been carried all the way from down South.  It should be gone by this weekend.

If you have any older relatives or know of anyone with respiratory problems, please remind them to stay indoors as much as possible for the next few days.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#1]
You got that right 82nd. Starting to look like LA here in San Antonio. Glad I'm working indoors the next couple days. Thanks for the FYI though.

Sparsky
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, I was wondering what was up with that lately. I can't legally put dual exhausts on my car but the mexicans get away with trashing our entire state once a year?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:06:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Another point to ponder:

According to an air pollution report 1 week ago:  Tarrant County is 19th in the nation as far as air pollution is concerned--19th!!  Air pollution in Tarrant county is worse than Dallas.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:19:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I noticed it also.
still much cleaner than my former state.. I can breath so much better here.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:03:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I flew out of texas last sunday night.  Arrived in WA yesterday (tuesday) morning with 14 hours of Cross country in my log book.   The air here in Spokane is clear and cool, 55 deg and low (39%)humidity.   looks like i got out just in time.

Ben, The Emu
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:11:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top