Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2003 5:22:35 AM EDT
Hello all,

Just want to touch base and ensure you have directions and know that even with the web site still down, the class is still going.  Please find the list below for more details on directions and equipment needed. Be there at 0800 Saturday a.m. or so and we will be rockin in no time.

On a last note about equipment, if you have the basics, you should be good to go, if you have stuff you always wanted to try but never had the chance, now is your chance.  Bring any and all you may wish to use.  

Last:  Plenty of ammo!  You will need it!!!  

Details to follow:

Equipment List
· Primary Weapon (Carbine)
· Pistol (not required but recommended)
· Holster
· 3 Magazines Rifle and Pistol
· 500 Rounds Rifle 300 Rounds Pistol
· Ear and Eye Protection
· Firearms Cleaning Kit
· Sun Screen / Foul Weather Gear (Contingent on time of year)
· Hat
· Sun Glasses
· Water / Gatorade
· Snacks / Lunch

Location and Directions to the Range:

From Interstate 35 Exit 339 (Lake Waco / Lake Shore Drive exit), take Loop 340 eastward to HWY 84 (approximately 1 mile). Proceed on HWY 84 east approximately 13 miles to Watt (sign on both sides of post on right). Continue to the top of the next rise: the main gate is on the left between two modular homes (immediately after the blue one). DO NOT go past LCR 126 (Joe Russell Road) or Christmas Creek.

Thanks again,

Chris
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 9:47:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Do I have to use a carbine? I have one, but I want to use my most accurate rifle.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Which is what?
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Will see you at 0800 on Sat. AM and I will bring over 1000 rds of .223.  I plan to have fun.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 8:39:37 PM EDT
[#4]
See you there...
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 9:32:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Do I have to use a carbine? I have one, but I want to use my most accurate rifle.

I took the tactal carbine class with the first AR15.com group. it was great, i would go again if i was staying in TX.

When i went i used my 20" HBar Bushmaster with AK brake because that is all i have.  I did fine but i sure wished i had a lighter rifle.  

If this is the same as the class i took, most shots will be at pistol range.  The class is more about procedure, quickness  and using your body to work the rifle.  distance acuracy is not as important.

Ben, The_Emu
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 3:52:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Take a folding chair.  El_Rote had the only one on the range.  Serious plans were being developed to take his chair and hide his carcass in the mud.

TRG
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 3:54:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Accuracy is not as important as handiness for this course, IMHO, Zoom.

You won't be shoting at more than 15-25 yards.

TRG
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 7:27:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Actually, Zoom2000, the heavier the rifle the better--good workout for you, and much more accurate within 30 yds.

On the second thought, don't listen to me since I'm not an instructor.

Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Hell, I damn near hid myself in the mud!

A 20" barrel is fine for the class, especially if you're like me and that's all you got!

Unlike Ben, my barrel is trimmed to a Gov't profile; it was very nice.

Oh, for God's sake, make sure you have a decent sling.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Man, that was a blast!
I had a great time. I will be doing this agin.
Thanks Chris for a great class. I learned a lot today.
It was great to see new faces today.
Glad I got to meet you guys. Remember now, you
guys need to come out to our monthly dinners and
make it out to the Hun farm.
See you guys later.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, it was a great time. The tip on stance and trigger control alone was worth the money for me.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I had a great time and look forward to doing it again!  I certainly need it!

Also, I take back all the bad things I said about you guys before I met you, your a great group of sportsmen.  It was a very fun day, but I'm exhausted.

Conclusion:  cool people, cool guns and hot times. Can't wait to do it again.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:29:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey Chris, you offered this May 3rd course for a prize in my raffle. Here is the thread: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=175257&w=searchPop

I emailed you the winners name and email address and he has sent numerous emails to you and has never heard anything back. I have your emails to me when you offered the course to be put in the raffle, I can post them if you would like? This guy wants his prize.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:52:43 AM EDT
[#14]
had a great time!
i must remember to push that shoulder forward and keep my elbow tucked in.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:42:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Great shoot, and a great learning experience.

It was a pleasure meeting you gentlemen.

Bud
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Ditto, Bud.  Enjoyed the class, learned a lot and met some great guys.  What a rush going thru the "Door"!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:46:09 AM EDT
[#17]
ok guys wheres the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't make this one but hopefully the next time.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't remember anyone taking pics this time.  In fact, I don't believe there was time for that; we were either coaching, shooting, or loading up for the next stage.

I really glad I went again - I could definitely feel some of the lessons "burning in" and making me a better shooter.

Total props to PTG for another massively good class.  I'd like to take a 3 or 5 day course there some time (assuming I'd be able to walk after Day 1, heh).
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#19]
we need a dedicated guy (wife) with a VHS cam corder that can film.  i would pay 15.00 for a video tape of the day.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I had a great time, learned a lot, and met some good people.   My thanks to Chris and the whole protactical team.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks everyone for a great class.  I am going to try and knock another class out (maybe at Collin County Gun Range) in the next month or so if you can round up some folks.  Also, if there is anyone that wants to "audit" the course, let me know and we will work something out.  Please continue to contact me at: [email protected] for the next few weeks while I get the web site issues and e-mail associated with ProTac sorted out.

Thanks again and I had a great time...

chris
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#22]
posting because i had to look it up.
Collin County Gun Range
2452 East University Street  (U.S. Highway 380)
McKinney, Texas 75069
972-562-4911
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:18:12 AM EDT
[#23]
One other great thing about this class was all the gear. When I was looking at optics it took me about two years to actually get firsthand experience with all the different optics I was looking at.

I could have done it in one day with this class. Not to mention all the other fun gear I got to take a look at and quiz the owners on.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:09:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
One other great thing about this class was all the gear. When I was looking at optics it took me about two years to actually get firsthand experience with all the different optics I was looking at.

I could have done it in one day with this class. Not to mention all the other fun gear I got to take a look at and quiz the owners on.

Yeah, and it's entirely your fault that I'm about to go deep in debt for a TA11!  
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Aw... you'll thank me later... you'd have just wasted the money on food or electricity if I hadn't showed you the error of your ways
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:42:16 AM EDT
[#26]
The Donut of Death is the shizznit, no two ways about it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#27]
ah yes,

and the holosight with the 3D ghost ring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top